4:30 Neighborhood Camps

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Re: 4:30 Neighborhood Camps

Postby MisfitSteve » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:41 pm

The Mystikal Misfits will be back at their cozy spot on the corner of 4:30 & B heading up the Naarsfortown village with a ton of our friends.

This year we're bringing along our four story Swiss Family Robinson style treehouse...but I can't give it all away just yet - come on by and visit, theres plenty of surprises to be had.

And of course, we'll be rocking' our GIGANTIC purple beacons to guide all of you weary travelers of the night home again safe and sound.

Last Year's madness ATOMIKA.
MisfitSteve

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Mystikal Misfits

Postby HotBox_brcu » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Black Rock Center for Unlearning, BRCU at 4:15 and Cinnamon this year- come enjoy our shaded area for yoga, dancing, nappy, chats, and games- play with us and partake in our daily bar specials. FUCK WHAT YOU KNOW
Virgin, 2009
Dean of Funds and Facilities, 2010
Dean of Fundraising, Membership 2011
Black Rock Center for Unlearning; 7:30 & C (2009), 3:30 & D (2010), 4:30 & A (2011)
"Washing all that knowledge right out of your brain since 2009!"
HotBox_brcu

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Black Rock Center for Unlearning

Postby PurpleKoosh » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Papa Bear wrote:Our placement is in. Astral Headwash will be at 4:15 and Ephesus this year.

Oh, huzzah! Been trying on and off to find y'all since I first started coming to the event, and now you're in my back yard! (I'll warn y'all, though - we've got someone in our camp who gives FUCKING AWESOME hairgasms, so you've got your work cut out for you. :wink: )
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby Crockett » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:30 am

Here's a Google Map of Theme Camps at Burning Man 2014! Feel free to add your camp if it's not already listed, or adjust your existing camp location, description, etc.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit? ... 5aPNbgSvFI

Please use the existing layer as I'm going to reserve other layers for BRC services, such as Medical & Ranger stations, ice locations, etc.

Tips for adding your camp:
1) Zoom into the playa easily by searching for "Black Rock City, NV".
2) Place your camp by selecting the pin tool below the search bar and manually place it.
3) Type your full address (e.g. 9:15 & Isfahan).
4) You may need to manually drag your pin back to it's location (Google Maps doesn't handle the :15s and :45s very well).
5) Contact me for any help!
Sincerely Yours,
Crockett!

http://www.facebook.com/FlirtCampSF
Crockett

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Flirt Camp

Postby A-RockLeFrench » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:44 pm

Zrob wrote:Captain Pump's Raiders just got our placement email.
We'll be at 4:15 and A.

I think we're all in a bit of shock, last year was our first year as registered and placed and we were at 3:15 and E and damned happy about it, I don't think we'd counted on getting a jump one block off the Esplanade in our second year.

The kind of happened to us too... The camp I'm with this year was on 4:30 and D and I was way over at 8:00 and E, but anyways...

Plunderground will be at 4:30 and A this year! Featuring The only flaming tether ball on the playa! Come chill in our Proverbial Palace! Stop by the PlunderBar for the worst drinks in the neighborhood! We'll have a 15 foot tall observation deck and are pleased to be hosting The Museum Of Plundered Artifacts and Dead Things! Come gander at our collection of treasures from the world and unfortunate creatures!

We will be hosting our Tutus, Tequila and Tots party on Tuesday at sunset, wear a tutu and get free tater tots!! Bring us tequila and get a Tutu!

I'm excited to call the other side of the city home, looks like I've got great neighbors to share it with!
A-RockLeFrench

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: PLUNDERGROUND

Postby Cranky » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:46 am

Cranky and Sons Bike Repair has been placed at Cinnamon and 5:15, close to where we were in 2012. (We missed the last burn because of son NotJoe's wedding.)

We're officially open from first coffee until 1pm, with tools for DIY repairs other times. We’d be delighted if any free-lance bike mechanics dropped by to help out, mornings or other times. We can always use the extra hands. :D

Cranky
Attachments
Busy shop and flag.jpg
Cranky and Sons Bike Repair

Promoting RADIAL self-reliance
Why NOT reinvent the wheel?
Cranky

Camp Name: Cranky and Sons Bike Repair

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:14 am

Cranky, I learned how to replace a tube at your camp in 2012. What I liked best was that you (or your camp-mate) approached it totally hands-off. There was another patron changing his tube and you (or a camp-mate) told him to teach me how - I think it might have been pre-coffee hour. I lent him my tire levers and watched him fix his tube and then he walked me through fixing mine. Right as I was thanking him, another patron rolled up looking for safety pins and then another looking for screws. Well, Cranky's didn't have the right size screws, so I directed them to Trilo's camp, which I knew was hawking a "Murphy's Slaw" of miscellaneous spare bits. Then I dragged the other fellow up the road to my camp for safety pins.

I hadn't been on the playa 12 hours yet but your camp facilitated a ton of helpful interactions, even before coffee hour! Thank you and congrats to not-Joe on the wedding.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby sylvain » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Black Rock Cantina will be at 4:15 & Esplanade this year! Should make finding your way home really easy, just look for the 44' diameter death star with a 2 watt blue laser shooting at the man. Come down and become one of our bounty hunters, dance to our DJs, or enjoy some karaoke.

Seeking new members
sylvain

Burning Since: 1998
Camp Name: Black Rock Cantina

Re: 4:30 Neighborhood Camps - SugarBitch

Postby tommythefool » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:40 pm

We're in and with the Poly Paradise peeps at 4:30 and Braggart.SugarBitch is about a low-carb http://www.sugarbitch.net burn and lifestyle. We help the Poly Paradise krewe and offer low-carb goodies Thurs and Fri. Stop by-- no diabetes required. See the SugarBitch Manifesto at http://www.sugarbitch.net/?page_id=21 and understand your life relearned!

HRH ToMmY, Generalissimo to the SugarBitch Queen

Soylentqueen at gmail dot com
tommythefool

Postby kimchee923 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:43 pm

Uli Baba & The Horny Thieves will be on the 4:30 plaza this year! We'll be hosting our signature slave auctions on Tues/Weds/Thurs, Belly Dance Competition on Fri, and other favorites like Chicken Beam Fighting, Mask Making, and Pussy Prints & Cock Cards throughout the week.

Best place to follow us online is https://www.facebook.com/UliBabas
kimchee923

Camp Name: Uli Baba's

Postby Nicole Hyde » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:21 pm

Here are our theme nights for the week:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

More more info, here is our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/174170769334791/
The Swish Embassy
A Street and....uh...oh, just look for the flashing sign...
Nicole Hyde

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: The Swish Embassy

Postby Taralynnray » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:45 am

The burn is almost upon us, so I thought I'd tempt you lovelies one last time with promises of delicious espresso with BuddhaCamp, every morning at 10:30 @ 4:15 and Frankincense. Find our complete event listings on our website: http://www.buddhacamp.org. See everyone in the dust!
Taralynnray

Postby bm_cricket » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Taralynnray wrote:The burn is almost upon us, so I thought I'd tempt you lovelies one last time with promises of delicious espresso with BuddhaCamp, every morning at 10:30 @ 4:15 and Frankincense. Find our complete event listings on our website: http://www.buddhacamp.org. See everyone in the dust!

You forgot the best part! Beautiful espresso from a beautiful machine served by beautiful baristas.
IMG_20140112_083337Smaller.jpg
)'(
bm_cricket

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Romeo Void » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Dr. LeTaudrie's Flying Circus now has a list of events for your perusal. No RSVP required, JUST BE THERE. :twisted:

DrLeTawdry2014events.jpg
Romeo Void
(because my friends said I'd Never Never Ever come to Burning Man. RV was an 80s band who's best known song is "Never Say Never")
Romeo Void

Previous

Return to 2014 Theme Camps