A Singer/songwriter from Amsterdam needs a camp

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

A Singer/songwriter from Amsterdam needs a camp

Postby petrajordan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:07 am

Hello family,

So I and my friend Christina got the ticket and a vehicle pass... :mrgreen: ! Let the adventure begin! We are ready to get to know you lovely beings!

I'm an artist, singer/songwriter, and I'm looking for a camp where I can contribute to BM with my performance and/or a songwriting worskhop! I'm a piano/keyboard player, no guitar skills here... Christina has some poems she'd love to share with you all! Anyt tips?

We will also need a space for our RV, as the plan is to visit Yosemite before BM. Another option is that we come by a regular car, in which case we'll need a fridge and a hexayurt. Still finding out about how it works with showers and toilets at BM...

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

Best vibes

Petra
Follow your bliss, and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.
petrajordan

Burning Since: 2014

Re: A Singer/songwriter from Amsterdam needs a camp

Postby lucky420 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:05 am

Please, please, please go to burningman.com and read the first timers guide and preperation.

You really really really neeeeeeeeeeed to do this!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby petrajordan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:16 am

Started working on it :) thanks!
Follow your bliss, and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.
petrajordan

Postby lucky420 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:39 am

Good!

Then if you still have questions (and most do) ask. Most everybody on this board is helpful, they'll just want you to have read the basic stuff first...

:mrgreen: :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Elorrum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:47 am

I understand it's far to come, it's scary to contemplate how it all will work out. Please try though. Please consider the principle of radical self reliance. A brand new thread from a brand new person on the board telling us what they "need" is considered, by me, to be rude. I am more likely to help once somebody has shown they are doing the work they can. Many burners come in by plane, and have their gear and plans well thought out, and burn well. You can too. I wouldn't welcome someone to my camp who just came to me with a list of what they needed from me. You get points for saying what your talents are, so I think you'll get it figured out eventually.
Vada a bordo, cazzo!
"I'm not a madame. I'm a concierge."
Elorrum

Postby Elliot » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Petra, welcome to ePlaya! You are receiving "tough love". You go ahead and read the web site, sign up for Jack Rabbit Speaks, and learn, learn, learn, and soon we can "show you the secret hand shake".

And I am looking forward to hearing your music! :D
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service & Piano Bar - a 2015 BRC Theme Camp

---------------Bike come unglued? Take it to the nude dude!---------------

Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle Service & Bevera...

Postby Savannah » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:15 pm

petrajordan wrote:Hello family,

So I and my friend Christina got the ticket and a vehicle pass... :mrgreen: ! Let the adventure begin! We are ready to get to know you lovely beings!

I'm an artist, singer/songwriter, and I'm looking for a camp where I can contribute to BM with my performance and/or a songwriting worskhop! I'm a piano/keyboard player, no guitar skills here... Christina has some poems she'd love to share with you all! Anyt tips?

We will also need a space for our RV, as the plan is to visit Yosemite before BM. Another option is that we come by a regular car, in which case we'll need a fridge and a hexayurt. Still finding out about how it works with showers and toilets at BM...

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

Best vibes

Petra

Hi Petra!

You will not need a fridge. :) Probably 50-60% of the the people on the playa are using only coolers full of ice, or dry ice (which is so strong that it has its own thread here, where we talk about how to use it well). Even people in RVs bring coolers to supplement their fridges and buy ice at the event every 2-3 days. It's very easy to get by with canned/vaccuum-sealed food & a cooler. Keep reading our preparation threads, you'll see.

Portapotties are down the street from you in mapped places, and are cleaned at least twice daily. They're cleaner than most of the gas station bathrooms on the way to the event.

If you want to bring in a hexayurt you will need to rent a pickup truck or larger, typically. Camps do not usually supply your sleeping shelter unless you make some sort of deal with an individual within that camp to share an RV or something.

Welcome! :)
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Postby petrajordan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks for your input everyone! Each perspective paints a clearer picture of the colors of Burning Man for me... Pretty colorful so far :)))

As for radical self-reliance, I do know enough about it given my life experience... Actually I'm learning to ask for help (which is a big step for me)... So that's what you're seeing here...
petrajordan

Postby trilobyte » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:12 pm

I'm giving this a nudge to the Theme Camps board, since that's a better fit for 'need a camp' threads.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to 2014 Theme Camps