Eridu Society 2014

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Re: Eridu Society 2014

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:24 am

Here's the class of 2014 additions to our Rubber Stamp Bar!

trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Elderberry » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 am

That's pretty cool.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby winterdream28 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:35 am

Those are great! I really love the man with the moon crescent/star on top:)
"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves" - Henry David Thoreau
winterdream28

Burning Since: 2013

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:41 am

Thanks! Those are two separate stamps - The sun/moon/star icon is the Eridu Society camp symbol, and "cune man" as we call him is our own cuneiform-stylized version of the man symbol. Looking through the thread, I think I missed posting this one a while back.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:15 pm

I'm happy to report that we're back from yet another excursion to Black Rock City. There's still so much to unpack and clean, and so many pics and videos to go through, but I wanted to share a few shots of what our camp's frontage looked like.

By day, here's the wide shot...

And then a closer shot of each side, showing the completed camels of the playa in the sunlight....

The camel I made is the last one on the right. "Meta the self-referential sparkle camel" - she was of course crowd-sourced (I brought her with me to a campout in Nevada in July, and invited visitors to our camp to have fun with brushes), and then all dolled up with bright fluorescent and shiny colors, a series of camel silhouette stencils, shiny and somewhat reflective leather playa dreads, and of course fluorescent furry leg-warmers. She also had a cuneiform man wood cutout painted in fiery fluorescent colors, which looked great at night (night pics below). Friends and campmates provided their own brands of awesomeness for all the other camels.

Eridu Society by night, and close-ups of the herd...
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Big thanks to everyone who came by, we had an awful lot of fun bringing this year's nonsense to the playa. Can't wait for 2015!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Previous

Return to 2014 Theme Camps