Art Grant Submission Deadline: February 15

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Art Grant Submission Deadline: February 15

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:04 pm

As the title suggests, art grant applications are open until February 15th. The deadline is at 11:59am on the 15th, and that's when everything has to be received by Burning Man, and not a postmark date. Check out this page for more information about Burning Man art grants.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Art Grant Submission Deadline: February 15

Postby Zuz » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi there,

I am just trying to figure out the right information I need to submit a proposal. I've copied over the requirements that I saw listed on the burning man website and then I have 2 questions below:

"- Read through the Intro on the Application Form page to ensure you have all the required information at hand.
- Gather ALL the information requested for the proposal.
- Fill out the questionnaire
- Submit your completed, final proposal by February 1st at 11:59 AM PST."

__

q1: Where do I find the application form and the questionnaire?
q2: is the deadline Feb 1st or 15th?

Love & Thank you
Zuz
Zuz

Burning Since: 2014

Postby trilobyte » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:56 pm

The first one looks like you overlooked a link :) On that page I linked, the very last words in the first section of the page are Art Grant Application - and it's a link. Click that, and you're at the form.

The second one looks like they missed updating the date. In past years the deadline had been on the 1st, but this year the deadline is February 15. I'll send a note to someone so they get that page updated, thanks for pointing it out.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Sophi » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Hello!
In previous years, the application was able to be downloaded offline so you could share it to be worked on with others.
Now it seems like it needs to be completed in one sitting. Is this the case? Will it save if you get kicked offline?
I only got through the 1 and part of the 2nd page and it did not save when I lost signal.
Thanks-
Sophi
Sophi

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:13 pm

It's an online form. If you've got questions about the art grant process, you'd want to contact the ARTery (I think the email address is artery@burningman.com).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:50 pm

FYI, it looks like the web team has gotten the typo at the bottom of that page fixed, as well as corrected a couple nav bar issues I reported on the nav bar.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby vachot » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:03 am

Sophi wrote:In previous years, the application was able to be downloaded offline so you could share it to be worked on with others.
Now it seems like it needs to be completed in one sitting. Is this the case?

On the "artgrant-form" page there is a link to a sample application pdf that we can download and use to help gather the info we need.
Struggle and Change

Don't forget to bring a towel!
vachot

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Kamp Kalamazoo

Postby trilobyte » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:11 pm

If you've been waiting til the very last minute, WAIT NO LONGER! Remember, the art grant application and materials must be received by Burning Man no later than today at 11:59am PST. That doesn't mean postmarked by, or you have to click the button to start filling out the form by then, it means your grant application form needs to be completed by then. Hurry up, get 'er done!

Of course, if you are not applying for a grant and are simply planning to bring your art to Black Rock City, you have plenty of time. In fact, the registration form for that opens up starting next week, and you have til June to pre-register your awesome art project.

UPDATE - The art grant deadline has passed. Good luck to all those who applied.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Return to 2014 Art & Performance