Help bring the "Hippie Toilet" to Burning Man! [Fundraiser]

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed

Help bring the "Hippie Toilet" to Burning Man! [Fundraiser]

Postby sovamind » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Help Bring the Hippie Toilet to Burning Man 2014!

Hippie Toilet was an interactive art installation for the Burning Man Regional event known as SOAK. The installation was completed and available for participation at the festival between July 10th – 24th, 2014.

At the festival man people came up to me and told me how they loved the project and asked if I was going to be taking it to Burning Man this year. The short answer, is: MAYBE...

The project consisted of a large (14′) trampoline frame covered in white stretch fabric that sloped down to a 6″ hole in the middle. Balls are provided on the outside that can be rolled by participants on the surface of the fabric “cone”. As the balls roll they interact with each other and bend the surface of the fabric causing other interactions. The entire piece is lit with colorful lighting and black lights which make the balls glow and cause ‘tracer’ effects as they move. Once the balls fall into the middle hole they are returned to the outside of the piece to be used again.

The project actually ended up being much more expensive to build than originally anticipated and I just don't have the funds to get to Burning Man with it. However, since there was so many people that encouraged me to find a way to bring it to Burning Man this year, I've decided to launch a crowd sourced funding to try and do just that! YOUR CONTRIBUTION WILL MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO BRING THIS ART TO THE PLAYA!

Please consider helping to fund bringing this project to Burning Man and also sharing the link to the fundraising site below. THANKS and hope to see you on PLAYA!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bring-the-hippie-toilet-to-burning-man-2014/x/3121369
sovamind

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Return to 2014 Support A Project