Cosmic Praise Fundraiser

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed

Cosmic Praise Fundraiser

Postby Riv » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Cosmic Praise is a project I'm involved with based in Boston. We're putting a high-voltage cosmic particle detector on top of a 50-foot minaret at the 6:00 keyhole! So you'll be able to climb up a ladder and see the whole city, *and* see an elegant piece of machinery visualizing the normally invisible particles spawned in nebulas many many light-years away from Earth. And of course, the tower's going to be covered with beautiful designs and LEDs with light shows that trigger from the detected sparks.

I'm so excited about the union of Burner art and real (aka not hippie-crystal-energy) science. (No offense to the crystal energy hippies out there :).)

The project has an honorarium grant from the org, but I'm sure you know the drill about the grant only covering a fraction of the project's expenses. So please, if you like the sound of this project, support our Kickstarter if you can! And share it with your friends who like art and/or science.

I'm happy to answer (or pass along) any questions folks have about the project, too.
Last edited by Riv on Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riv

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Cosmic Praise (cosmic rays + minaret tower at the 6 keyh

Postby MFOB » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:21 pm

I like particles, because science.
These angles are all fenced up!
MFOB

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dazed and Confuzed

Re: Cosmic Praise Fundraiser

Postby GreyCoyote » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:53 pm

Pure awesomeness, IMHO! :mrgreen:
"Resistance is futile. You will be commodified"..."
c.f Larry Harvey, The BMOrg
GreyCoyote

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Riv » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Is it kosher to bump this? We're in the last 24 hours, folks, now's the time to chip in if you've been thinking about it! :)

I should mention that the artist is offering HIS OWN BEARD as a backer reward now. That takes dedication!
Riv

Burning Since: 2013

Postby anevaude » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Donated. I'm very excited about seeing this on the playa! Good luck! :D
anevaude

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Return to 2014 Support A Project