Please help need info

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Please help need info

Postby rhythmstar » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:55 pm

I am part of the Hawaii Fire Conclave- the leader requested a ticket for me and I got an approval email from BM on July 26th- the email says I have been approved but must still pay- then says you have 2 options to pay either through credit card or cash at will call- I chose to pay at will call- and thought I was all set- booked our van but our plane tickets etc. took off work- today I clicked the link at the bottom to try and find my confirmation number and it says my ticket has expired- even though nowhere in the email I was sent does it say anything about the ticket expiring- Im trying to figure out what to do- cant get ahold of the people who got me the ticket or anyone at bm- can I get some advice- if I show up to the gate tomorrow with my approval email and cash- will hey let me in or are they going to say even though I was approved my ticket got given away- Thanx in advance
rhythmstar

Re: Please help need info

Postby rhythmstar » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:03 pm

also sorry for all the typing errors feeling super anxious about this now
rhythmstar

Postby jkisha » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:04 pm

When you say "you chose to pay cash at will call" what does that mean exactly? You chose in your mind? Or, You actually clicked on the link in the email and made the choice there?

If you actually acknowledged the email by making your selection on a form on the internet, you should be fine. It would make sense that the link would no longer be valid because you acknowledged your ticket and payment method.

Understand i have no inside knowledge, I'm just guessing based on what sounds logical to me.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby BBadger » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 pm

There is no purchasing of tickets or paying for reserved tickets at will-call or the gate. PERIOD.

The closest thing is paying someone else who controls the will-call tickets and they give you one of the tickets that are allocated to them. So unless you have contact with whomever you supposedly coordinated your ticket purchase with -- and they're at the gate to provide you with the ticket after you've paid them -- you're out of luck.

I would concentrate on getting in contact with the people you arranged your ticket purchase with. The gate cannot help you unless your name is on the pre-paid will-call ticket reservation being held there, and it sounds like it's not.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby rhythmstar » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 pm

No I didnt click on any link - the email said I could pay at will call or I could pay with my credit card- I chose to pay at willcall- so I didnt click the link until today when a message came up that said my ticket had expired- wish I could post the email here but I dont think Im supposed to- it says in big letters at the top you are approved as part of the Fire Conclave and says absolutely nothing about needing to confirm anything else until you click the credit card link at the very bottom
rhythmstar

Postby rhythmstar » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:56 pm

So heres the email I was sent- I removed my name but everything else is exactly how I received it- it clearly states that you CAN PAY W CASH AT WILL CALL:

Your request has been approved for My name

Your request:
(1) $180.00 - Special - Black Rock City 2013

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Will Call opens Weds. August 21 at 12pm (noon). If you plan on arriving before then you must have your ticket in hand as well as an Early Arrival Pass.
If you're picking up a ticket at Will Call you must bring your photo ID and confirmation email.

IMPORTANT: This ticket request requires payment.

You have two options for payment. You can pay for your ticket(s) at will call when you arrive at the event or you can click on the link below (only if the credit card is in your name) and pay in advance.

IF THIS TICKET ORDER IS IN SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME, THE TICKET WILL BE HELD AT WILL CALL AND MUST BE PAID FOR AT THE TIME OF PICKUP AT THE EVENT. (This system will not allow for an order to be paid by anyone other than the person named.)

If you intend to pay for your ticket(s) at Will Call, we do not accept personal or business checks. Cash or money order is the best way to pay. Due to the remote location of the box office, credit card sales cannot be 100% guaranteed. - Please come prepared as there are no local ATM machines.

YOU CAN ONLY USE THIS LINK ONCE! DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO MAKE PAYMENT AND THE CREDIT CARD IS IN YOUR NAME.

You need to pay to complete your order.

COMPLETE YOUR RESERVATION NOW:
removed link
Thank you,
Burning Man Tickets
rhythmstar

Postby BBadger » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:42 pm

From the email you've posted, it seems that your photo ID and the approval email is sufficient, assuming it came from someone at @burningman.com. I do find it's odd that they didn't provide a confirmation number or some other info, but assuming that you're in the system it seems you'd be on record. I am surprised that they're taking cash/money order at the gate, only because it might make the other people think that they could buy tickets there too, which they can't.

If you haven't already -- and I expect you have -- email all the addresses related to conclave ticket sales (fireconclave@burningman.com ; partserve@burningman.com).

Also see if your approval email is being displayed in HTML mode with loading images instead of plain text mode. Maybe some graphics have the number or other identifying details in there? Worth a shot.

Beyond that ... well, I guess you'll have to take the trek out there and see what happens. Print off the email with the full email headers so that you have as much proof as possible. Bring your ID, bring some cash.

Be prepared if it doesn't work out.

Good luck!
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Canoe » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:45 am

BBadger wrote:There is no purchasing of tickets or paying for reserved tickets at will-call or the gate. PERIOD.

I read somewhere that some Low Income tickets are held and paid for at Will Call. I don't know any details.
Note: Low Income tickets are not transferable.
*** http://www.burningman.com/preparation/ ***
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
“Dear subscriber, you are registered as a participant in a mass disturbance.”
Canoe

Postby gyre » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:10 am

All li are paid at the gate.
gyre

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion