The Individual Sale has started!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: The Individual Sale has started!

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Nice one 9ah.

Would be nice if they at least had some kind of audio indication that the page refreshed so we don't have to basically sit and stare at the screen.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Krokodyle » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:01 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Krokodyle wrote:At this rate, I'm going to need lunch delivered to my cubicle..."Hello, Moe's Tavern?"

Careful. I'm sure I've seen pickled rats in with the pickled eggs.

That's just a Springfield version of the baby in the King Cake. With hair. And parasites.

"In line" for an hour now...*SIGH*
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.
Krokodyle

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: (Endorphin) Orphans Too

Postby sygyt » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Odd things going on with time stamps here. Posts on this forum are dated an hour ahead of PST, 1 pm +

I got on just after 12, had the "Greetings...please do not refresh..." message for almost an hour. The timer shown 12:15:30 all this time, as far as I could tell. I finally refreshed at 12:48, and had to start all over again. Then it became stuck again at 12:49:29, after refreshing once.

Possible solution to my problem, at least: I had the Safari cookie setting set to block cookies "from third parties and advertisers." Usually this setting allows normal surfing but occasionally screws things up. I set it to "Never" (Preferences/Privacy) and now the thing is refreshing every minute as promised.
sygyt

Postby This Woman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Across the world work production has decreased due to no line count for the tickets at Burning Man, I just know it! I've been bumped, rest of camp been bumped, and those who got through were declined from buying two tickets and have to start over. and are they supposed to try for two again, or go one? will they be bumped again? Will I be bumped? I have to have two as my ticket partner is not signed up for the ticket grab.

Just got bumped again.
The Liver's End ~ Where the locals go.
This Woman

Burning Since: 1995

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Drawingablank wrote:Nice one 9ah.

Would be nice if they at least had some kind of audio indication that the page refreshed so we don't have to basically sit and stare at the screen.

They do.
At 12:41:23 PM PST:
At 12:42:23 PM PST:
At 12:43:23 PM PST:

Only mine is stuck at 12:41. But hitting refresh just gets me further back in the line. (after entering my code.)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:05 pm

50 minutes is nothing, DAB, in years past it was not uncommon for people to wait hours....

To those still in the queue or battling server kickouts, hang in there and keep trying. It's unfortunate, but is the side effect of running a first-come first-serve sale on a high-demand ticket on-sale. Even the big guys at Ticketmaster/LiveNation have serious server issues when dealing with high demand events going on sale. People *are* getting through.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby alonski » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Tell me I'm OK... Been waiting an hour for that blue and white barbershop thing to change into a purchase screen. Was in at !2:00:17 and I see Greetings youre in the queue, and the page refreshes every minute.. but some of you who got in also within the first minute have completed!

I am stuck?
Alón
Burning, blazing and occasionally smoldering since 2002
alonski

Burning Since: 2002

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Doesn't sound like it. The wait was short for some of the very first people in, because there wasn't a full queue ahead of them.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby melcoope » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 pm

why would they freeze your registration code though? it's their server that caused my session to time out and have to refresh, and now they've locked me out. still confident i'll get my tickets, but not enjoying the added stress.
melcoope

Burning Since: 2011

Postby jscott26 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Has anyone refreshed while at the "please wait while we check ticket availability" page? My timestamp was 12:00:12, entered my code in about 10 minutes later, and I've been waiting ever since. I'm debating whether to refresh or not.

A friend of mine was directed to the purchase page and he got on after me AND after leaving the queue from a crash so I'm a bit worried that I've silently timed out.
jscott26

Postby A-RockLeFrench » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Some call it a side effect, others call it a failure.
A-RockLeFrench

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: PLUNDERGROUND

Postby FireTommy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Been in the line an hour now, the queue crashes every 8-10 minutes...
....like a dingo in a maternity ward....
FireTommy

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Go the F*ck to Sleep

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:16 pm

jscott26 wrote:Has anyone refreshed while at the "please wait while we check ticket availability" page? My timestamp was 12:00:12, entered my code in about 10 minutes later, and I've been waiting ever since. I'm debating whether to refresh or not.

A friend of mine was directed to the purchase page and he got on after me AND after leaving the queue from a crash so I'm a bit worried that I've silently timed out.

I have, twice. Just ended up having to enter my code again, and I think I lost my place in the cue. Now, I'm just sitting, even though I'm not getting the auto refresh.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby billybwilde » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 pm

trilobyte wrote:50 minutes is nothing It's unfortunate, but is the side effect of running a first-come first-serve sale on a high-demand ticket on-sale. Even the big guys at Ticketmaster/LiveNation have serious server issues when dealing with high demand events going on sale.

No, it's a side effect of Inticketing being out of their league. They screw up every year, then promise they're hiring the best game theorists and elite tcp stack hackers, then screw up again the next year. Ticketmaster does not have these issues, as they actually have developers expecting this sort of response.

Then again, they aren't given six figure vendor contracts because they're good at their job. Other factors certainly pay a part in their continued contracts.

At least we won't hear the "it's the poor people after the cheap tickets, who if they only paid their fair share..." excuse this year.
billybwilde

Postby JayBobBoy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

After numerous kickouts, I finally got my tickets at 12:56!!!

My page got stuck at the "checking to determine availability" page. I watched that barber pole for at least 15 minutes. When I finally got the courage to refresh the page, it brought me back to the "select the # of tickets" page and once I reentered my info it went right through.

Goddamn that was stressful!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Postby allchange » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:18 pm

I can see why they'd limit the amount of times you enter your access code. If you wanted to, you could open several browsers, log in with the code numerous times and have several spots in the queue. People could max out the connections that way or start clogging the queue.
>>>Killing hippies since 2012<<<
allchange

Postby dronf » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Is there a reason the same ticketing provider gets used year after year, and fails every time? I can only assume someone in BM management has some sort of stake in inticketing, so continues to use them instead of one that can handle the traffic.
On a horse made of crystal he patrolled the land, with his mason and his schnauzer and his perfect hands.
dronf

Postby 48_love » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:20 pm

JayBobBoy wrote:Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

My page got stuck at the "checking to determine availability" page. I watched that barber pole for at least 15 minutes. When I finally got the courage to refresh the page, it brought me back to the "select the # of tickets" page and once I reentered my info it went right through.

Guess that is what I should've done ... but why a queue if the traffic on the buy page is dropping users? Theoretically, the queue would permit orderly traffic on that page.

Oh, well.

Waiting
48_love

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:21 pm

melcoope wrote:why would they freeze your registration code though? it's their server that caused my session to time out and have to refresh

How are they supposed to know that, though. I mean, I think if the system knew that, there wouldn't be an issue.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby illy dilly » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:22 pm

I would refresh Fishy! For all u know your spot in the que is up and you don't know it yet.
I bet you still have your spot in line!

I was first logged in at 12:00:24
1st booted at- 12:35
2nd booted at- 12:40
3rd booted at- 12:43
Did not get booted again for about 28 minutes and,
was taken to BUY page at 1:11
Confirmed at 1:14

All times are in PST (not MST).

jaybobboy wrote:Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was your first log in time? Trying to see if getting booted actually lost your place in line.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby Tengerguy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:23 pm

85 minutes and counting . . . Time to listen to this . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i73jQtwzsMQ
Tengerguy

Postby Caltd » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Confirmation email received at 3:21 EST! Cannot WAIT! :D

P.S.: Best of luck & see you on the playa!
Last edited by Caltd on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[________________________________________]
Caltd

Camp Name: Looking to join a camp!

Postby westnileraven » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Passcode in use, please wait 15 minutes. FUCK YOU I didn't do anything untoward.
westnileraven

Postby PhantomGreen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Success. I originally entered the queue at 12:00:28, got booted three times. Re-entered for the fourth time around 12:45, waited without problem for ~40 minutes, and finally made it to the page to purchase tickets, where I experienced no issues at all. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
PhantomGreen

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:27 pm

trilobyte wrote:50 minutes is nothing, DAB, in years past it was not uncommon for people to wait hours....

LOL, I realize that Trilo. My first year we were in the queue on two machines since we needed 3 tickets for the family. One took 8 hours for one pair of tickets and the other took 13 hours because it got bumped from the queue. Oddly enough I seem to have better luck with old computers on slow connections.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby PrplT » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:27 pm

After one hour and ten minute wait with two disconnects due to inactivity, I can proudly say I have my ticket! Nice and painless BMORG. Well done. (not so happy with the added fees, especially for $12 WillCall, but......)
PrplT

Burning Since: 2000

Postby sygyt » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Setting Safari to accept all cookies seems to have helped, but not completely solved my problem. It refreshed about 15 times then got stuck again. So I refreshed, entered my code again and now it is refreshing again.

I started this about a minute after noon and now it is an hour and a half later. Why do I not believe that when this happens my place in the queue is not lost?
sygyt

Postby aserendipity » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 pm

I was first booted at 12:00: 48
(after trying too early because my clocks are set early)
all this time later they are saying my access code is not registered nut I am enclosing the original # in email
and now my computer is also denying me
a message?
Last edited by aserendipity on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aserendipity

Postby kiss-o-matic » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Only booted once so far. Fingers crossed. A queue counter would be helpful, but slightly painful as well if you got boted close to the end
kiss-o-matic

Burning Since: 2012

Postby quadraspleen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Yay!

1:29 (got in the q at 12:00:30)

seeya there :)
I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed

Enough is too little...Too much is enough...
quadraspleen

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Corner of Shady & Wrong

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion