And the Madness Begins......

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

And the Madness Begins......

Postby JayBobBoy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:01 am

One step Beyond..............

Registration for the general ticket sale begins today and I am trying to come to grips with the possibilities. I've already created my burner profile and I'll be on there at noon today to follow the instructions from the BORG. I sincerely hope that lessons from last year along with the planning and preparation pays off. I think today will be a good judge of things to come.

I skipped last year after I couldn't secure a ticket in time to adequately prepare. I must say, I like my chances much better this year. Three cheers for optimism!!!!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Re: And the Madness Begins......

Postby TT120 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 am

I'm ready. I have 4 seperate computers on redundant T1 lines to the internet. Each one has 3 different browsers with the ticket site bookmarked on each of them. I am GOING to get in for registration and then next Wednesday, when the tickets go on sale, I WILL get my 2 tickets. My burner profile is already created...I'm ready. Lets do dis!
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 am

Deep breaths. Please realize that registration simply starts today at noon, and runs until Sunday. There are no maximum number of registrants, and no advantages to registering today versus this evening, or tomorrow for that matter. Hammering the servers with multiple computers for a single registration only serves to slow things down for others trying to get through at the same time.

The most important thing you can do when registering is make sure that the name you registered matches the name on your credit/debit card (and amex is not accepted, for those who didn't read any of the FAQ). If you had created your burner profile previously and made a mistake (like used a playa name for your account first/last name), go here to request help. You should get that resolved BEFORE registering for ticket sales.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby TT120 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Shit just got real.....
Last edited by TT120 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby JayBobBoy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:20 pm

OK, that was a really good sign of things to come. Granted, it's just the registration part of the process, but that took me all of 15 second to complete.

A waaaaay different feeling from last year! Where's the sense of doom and dread I am so accustomed to.

Let's hope next Wednesday goes this well....
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Postby illy dilly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:01 pm

trilobyte wrote: If you had created your burner profile previously and made a mistake (like used a playa name for your account name), go here to request help. You should get that resolved BEFORE registering for ticket sales.

Is there an issue with using a playa name for the Account name?
I did use my real First and Last names in the first and last name fields.
If this is covered in another thread, a link would be sweet.
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:17 pm

Sorry, I meant playa name in the first/last name fields when creating the account. For example, if someone had entered first name Dust, last name Bunny and that wasn't their legal name (as appears on their id/credit card), that would be a problem.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby illy dilly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:23 pm

OFOSHO! I follow you now. Cool Beans!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave
illy dilly

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Postby DrYes » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm a little confused - I never got asked for an account name and now when I go to profiles.burningman.com and try to log in to my profile, I can't as I have no account name.

I've tried this four times with four different email addresses, etc, and so far I've seen nothing about an account name. I'm looking at the profile creation page now, and there is definitely no mention of an account name. There are fields for:
* First Name
* Last Name
* Address
* City
* Country
* Email
* Email confirmation

I fill this out, hit submit, and then get told: "Thank you! You have requested access to the Individual Ticket Sale on Wednesday, February 13, etc etc etc".
Burning Man 2013 video || Burning Man 2013 photos
Burning Man 2012 video
Burning Man 2011 video

"We'll never leave, look at us now, so in love with the way we are."
DrYes

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp Tasty Bits (w/ the Stimulus Tree)

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Please see this post for more info.

I would also suggest that in your case you use the contact form to get your multiple registrations sorted out, so you don't get yourself flagged as a possible scammer or scalper. Use the primary email address you'd like to use for the email address field in the form, and then make sure to include all the subsequent addresses you used that need to get cleaned up in the comment/feedback form. They should hopefully get back to you within a day or two.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Heyu » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:27 pm

I tried that contact link 5 times, "can't open socket"

I bought some Holiday tickets, but was also invited to the dedicated sale. I filled out the form, entered the encryption, and nothing.
That sale is now over, I'm pretty sure I will get kicked out of the general sale (cuz I bought Holidays)
Am I SOL?
Heyu

Postby trilobyte » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Heyu - it sounds like it might be a browser or connection issue on your end. But as per the FAQyou are not eligible to purchase tickets in the Individual Sale
trilobyte
Site Admin

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion