Burning Man 2013 Tickets Info

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Burning Man 2013 Tickets Info

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:15 pm

Earthwalker wrote:Anyone seen a BM Sold Out announcement? Or would that only come after ALL sale sessions are final?

From the Tickets page on the Burning Man website:
THE INDIVIDUAL SALE IS CLOSED

There are no more tickets available in the Individual Sale. Please read below to learn more about your other options for getting a ticket to Burning Man 2013.

There will still be STEP tickets when that opens (ticket exchange), and then the 1,000 OMG tickets in August, as well as whatever tickets people sell once the tickets are released in June or July. Tickets aren't sold out, but all of the 40,000 from the main sale are gone.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm

The Individual Sale has sold out. However STEP and the OMG sale will offer additional chances for people to purchase tickets in the coming months.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Rice » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Earthwalker wrote:Has anyone heard anything about how many of the 40K general sale tickets remain? I know me and everyone in my camp sat nervously for four hours trying to get through right when the sale opened, out of fear that we wouldn't get tix. We all managed to get them. Just curious if it was necessary to do that, or if there are still a good number out there.

Anyone seen a BM Sold Out announcement? Or would that only come after ALL sale sessions are final?

:P

The 40K ticket sale closed 6.5 ish hours after it opened. So, I suspect those tickets are sold out.

Having said that, anyone who really wants to attend still has lots of opportunity to acquire a ticket... Plan to attend regardless of having a ticket and it will work out.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby Earthwalker » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Doh! Sorry, should have checked the website. 6.5 hours...hmmm...well, I got on at noon, and didn't get mine until 4, so I guess in many ways I did luck out. Definitely will stick with the on-time approach for future years.

Thanks! :coffee:
Please forgive me...this cubicle has stolen portions of my mind and my soul
Earthwalker

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Trifucta

STEP question

Postby watchmen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:39 pm

I have a question about STEP. I would like to try and get two tickets, so I can bring a friend. BUT, I will settle for one. How does STEP work, if I sign up, do you put down how many tickets you want? And if so, if I put down two, will I miss an opportunity for single tickets, and only get a change at two being sold together, or once one comes up, I can get one, then wait for another ?

Thanks for your help
watchmen

Postby trilobyte » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:18 am

As per the FAQ, you can purchase one or two tickets in STEP. Orders are filled as tickets become available, so if you were waiting for two and only one was available, the system would not notify you until that next ticket came in.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby watchmen » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:51 am

trilobyte wrote:As per the FAQ, you can purchase one or two tickets in STEP. Orders are filled as tickets become available, so if you were waiting for two and only one was available, the system would not notify you until that next ticket came in.

OK, but that 1st ticket is being held for me, just waiting for a second ticket to come in. What is not happening is this: Someone sells one ticket back, I'm waiting on two, so I"m skipped and the next person in the queue who is waiting on one ticket gets it. I'm then next in queue if someone sells back two tickets at once. Like waiting for a table at a restaurant, you want a table for 4, but people who came in after you wanting a table for two get a table first because you are waiting for a table for 4.
watchmen

Postby trilobyte » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:20 am

Relax. Don't sweat the details of the queue, just register for the tickets that you need. If it was me I'd register for a pair of tickets for my girlfriend and I, as opposed to having us each sign up separately for single tickets.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby BBadger » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:15 am

They probably just provide tickets first-come-first-served. It's not like a restaurant where they want to optimize the use of tables of specific sizes. There are only single and double-ticket requests here. Only at the very end of the queue would there be a chance that someone requesting two tickets could only receive one, and I think they'd just allocate an extra ticket in that case.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Pierced3rdnip » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Hey everyone my name is Fraser and I've been yearning to burn since my first year at shambhala 4 years ago, I need to register to the step program but I'm having difficulty finding how to register, just using my phone and I've been on this site for two hours trying, can anyone possibly send me a link or point an eager virgin in the right direction, any help would be greatly appreciated :) thanks much love from Canada
Pierced3rdnip

Postby Rice » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Pierced3rdnip wrote:Hey everyone my name is Fraser and I've been yearning to burn since my first year at shambhala 4 years ago, I need to register to the step program but I'm having difficulty finding how to register, just using my phone and I've been on this site for two hours trying, can anyone possibly send me a link or point an eager virgin in the right direction, any help would be greatly appreciated :) thanks much love from Canada

Hi Fraiser, (Welcome to ePlaya!!)

First your need to create a Burner Profile: http://profiles.burningman.com/

Then, once you have confirmed your profile, you register for STEP (selecting the # of tickets you are going to get) - Using the same UrL that you used to create your burner profile...

__

I am in Saskatoon SK, part of the Saskatchewan Burners.

Feel free to PM me to find out more about our community!!

TTFN.,
Rice
Last edited by Rice on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Postby katy potaty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:11 pm

So what if Step isn't responding when I click on the sign up button?
katy potaty

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Rice » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Keisen wrote:So what if Step isn't responding when I click on the sign up button?

Check your spam filter on your email!! sometimes the reply email ends up there.

You should be receiving a confirmation email after entering your registration info...
Love Rice

Rice

Postby katy potaty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Aaahhhhhhh, thank you! Relief, my stomach feels much, much better now. :lol:
katy potaty

Burning Since: 2011

Postby clocksnmirrors » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:25 pm

to everyone stepping for tickets, i got my ticket last year through step
the system works. there are some truly wonderful people out there
make your plans and stay positive

your burn will happen!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee heee heee heeeee! *burp*
clocksnmirrors

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Ranchdude » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:39 am

Got my tickets!!
Ranchdude

Postby Savannah » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:34 am

Congratulations, Ranchdude!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby canexplain » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Got my tics..... Looking for a solo Playa bud or gal. Tnx Sv for the invite. For sure at some point ......
Coachella Wk2 04/19-04/21
Wakarusa 05/30-06/02
Bonnaroo 06/13-06/16
Dave Matthews Band 08/23-08/24
BurningMan 08/26-09/02
VooDoo 11/01-11/03
Bridge Benefit 10/???
canexplain

Postby capjbadger » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Sorry if this info is already here somewhere Trilo. What email are we sending ticket numbers to to verify them before buying from a 3rd party seller? The FAQ says to do so, but doesn't say how. ;)

How can I know that the ticket I'm buying is valid?
The only real way to know a ticket is real and valid is to buy it from someone you know and trust. Before you buy a ticket from a third party, check to make sure it is not listed as a ticket number that has been canceled or voided. (Voided ticket list will be posted at a later date)

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
capjbadger

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Burning Man does not provide ticket verification. A voided ticket list will be posted (and updated occasionally) as we get further along (hence that whole later date business).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Urban » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Hey Steppers,

Afraid I have been in Sharpe's Hospital for a couple of weeks and I just wanted an updates if anyone is hearing from the Step Program.
I registered before I went down and don't see any Step activity. Is it happening for people, or are then trying to keep the old and infirm out of the dust! :lol:

Bear with me or is it Bare with me? I don't know. These drugs make me a little (a lot} loopy!
Urban

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Sorry to hear you've been in the hospital, and hope you'll be alright. You may care to see the STEP thread. Things are moving along slowly.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Urban » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:40 pm

trilobyte wrote:Sorry to hear you've been in the hospital, and hope you'll be alright. You may care to see the STEP thread. Things are moving along slowly.

THX trilobyte. I put up my query in the right place. I hope we cross paths on the Playa. Momma will be giving out sticky buns, coffee, teas and home-baked cookies on Tuesday morn, but we will always have a cookie or 2 saved for you! (That's Radical Cookiazation!) Camp Ego Trip will know where we are!
Urban

Postby Bless » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:43 am

BMorg has announced that 4,000 tickets will be made available through the OMG Sale due to the recent extension of the BLM permit.
Bless

Postby Sham » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:18 am

I'm not sure where you're seeing that number. I see only 1000 going on sale. There were some erroneous emails and posts on Facebook, but I have not seen anything official to that effect.
Sham

Postby Bless » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:31 am

Shambala wrote:I'm not sure where you're seeing that number. I see only 1000 going on sale. There were some erroneous emails and posts on Facebook, but I have not seen anything official to that effect.

From the BM Facebook page: "Burning Man HQ is grateful to the BLM for extending the population peak allowed on our permit. This will allow us to make 4,000 tickets available in the OMG sale. But, you must pre-register Friday noon PST until Monday noon PST. More deets on burningman.com Friday morning."
Bless

Postby C.f.M. » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:47 pm

I have a staff ticket. I clicked on the link yesterday to buy. It's expired (nothing about an expiration date in the email) or been used (I can't find a confirmation email or the transaction in my bank account).

I read through the FAQs, didn't find anything helpful. Emailed ticket support (didn't see anything about them being closed until next year), having heard back.

Panicking.

Anybody know how I can see what's going on...maybe I clicked on the link not realizing I could only use it once, but the ticket is still waiting on me at will call?
I can't find out how to check.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby pink » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Good luck getting ahold of ticket support; I think they're all on the playa already. Maybe Trilo can chime in?
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:13 pm

I would not be surprised if Trilo's on playa by now.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby C.f.M. » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:29 pm

I am set.
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Tickets Discussion