Colorado Pre-Burners - Looking for Rideshare :)

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Colorado Pre-Burners - Looking for Rideshare :)

Postby mikeb8man » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi folks,

I am looking for a ride with folks who are heading to the playa early this year.
I am helping out with the Bijou Cinema build-team and need to be on the playa roughly for the 18th August.
I currently live in Woody Creek (Aspen) Colorado.
I thought id see if any folks from round here, including elsewhere in Colorado, who might be heading to the playa early.
I wont have many things, a backpack and a guitar most likely.

Thanks
MJ
mikeb8man

Re: Colorado Pre-Burners - Looking for Rideshare :)

Postby OUtback UFO » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:12 am

MJ...

I am in Carbondale... Though I am not planning on heading out until the 22/23 depending on the team i volunteered for needs me. Got a heavy duty long bed pickup.

if not then you can check with the Purple Palace group they head out early... I think the head of the group is based in Leadville... met them last year at Costco in Gypsum gassing up... it was a good 12 days pre-burn and they were on their way..

later
Outback UFO
From out of a dream I rode to beyond the Horizon. Got Adventure? The Zen Gear One Meteior Crater surrounded by a lot of roos, emus, Yowies, drop bears and one major flood in the driest desert on Earth... There still was a bottle of red with dinner.
OUtback UFO

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Constant_ » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:24 am

Ooh, other Burners from the Valley! I'm here in Basalt, right in between the two of you...
I'm also reaching for a ride share, and hesitate to cross post, so I thought I'd reply to this thread first... My girlfriend and I are seeking a ride out, but do not have early entry... We have a pretty small pile of gear, and our camp is providing most of the infrastructure... If either of you know of anyone that has two extra seats, please let me know... I would love to ride with people from home... From one home to another!
Constant_

Postby mikeb8man » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Ufo thanks for the info...its a bummer but i guess the purple palace isnt heading out this year...man i enjoyed that ride so much in the past :)
Ive contacted them none the less to see if they know of anyone heading out early....
Yipee for burners in the valley! :)

Im heading to the documnetary in Aspen tonight...

counting the sleeps! :)

MJ
mikeb8man

Postby trilobyte » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:20 pm

It's worth mentioning that any potential rideshares would need to not only have a physical ticket (sine will call does not open until Wednesday 8/21), but they would need their own early arrival pass valid for that date.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby mikeb8man » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:35 pm

For sure definitely worth mentioning. Thanks :)
Both my physical ticket and early arrival pass will be waiting for me at the playa on the 21st August.

Should anyone be heading out for early arrival on that day I would be stoked to share a ride.
I am happy to travel to a rideshare, say Denver or Fort Collins or whatever, I am currently in the Aspen area...

MJ
mikeb8man

Postby mrchiff » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:42 am

it seems odd you would not have your early arrival in hand, are you meeting somebody there that has yours, and if so, why not get it from them?
mrchiff

Postby Savannah » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:52 am

mrchiff wrote:it seems odd you would not have your early arrival in hand, are you meeting somebody there that has yours, and if so, why not get it from them?

Some departments do it that way. He should print out the departmental email with Will Call confirmation code (and show his state ID) to someone sharing a ride if they have a question as to the legitimacy of his EA and ticket.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to 2013 Share Resources