Playa-Fabulous Trailer to Share

Materials, expertise and rides...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.

Playa-Fabulous Trailer to Share

Postby SpyGyrl007 » Fri May 10, 2013 6:22 am

This year we rented a Playa-fabulous, 4-person trailer and have one full-size bed (convertible dinette) left in the main 'living room' part of the trailer. You'd share the space with a guy taking the other bed (convertible couch). We’re excited to extend the ultimate air conditioned (and quiet) Burning Man experience to one of our lovely Burner brethren!

The trailer sleeps 4 comfortably (there are already 3 of us), and we think it would be a lot more fun to share the air conditioning, external generator, toilet, and shower with another glorious Burner! We're camping with Barbie Death Camp, please contact via PM for details.

The trailer comes with a LOT of amenities – the best ones being:

1) The trailer is already set up when we get to the Playa!!
2) We don’t have to remove the trailer or even take out the trash! Even removal of the final tank of gray water is included!
3) The rental also includes one full water tank, empty gray and black tanks, and full gas and propane tanks.
4) The trailer rental company will also include a propane barbecue, a coffee maker, large ice chests, medium ice chests, and small ice chests if we want them.

Included in the kitchen: 2 pots, 2 pans, 1 spatula, 40 paper plates, 40 plastic forks, 40 plastic knives, 4 rolls of paper towels, 1 box of baby wipes, sink, stove, oven, fridge, and freezer.

The bathroom area includes: toilet, shower, sink, 4 rolls of toilet paper, 4 body towels, 4 hand towels, 4 washcloths.

The living area includes: 1 full-size converted dinette bed, 1 full-size converted couch bed, 4 pillows, sheets and blankets and comforters for each bed, closets and storage space!

The back bedroom area includes: 1 full-size bed w/separate entrance (claimed)...

Hope you’ll consider playing with us on the Playa!

SpyGyrl007
SpyGyrl007

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Playa-Fabulous Trailer to Share

Postby katejoy » Fri May 31, 2013 6:54 am

Hey, I saw your post about the trailer share. How much is it? Thank you
katejoy

Burning Since: 2012

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Fri May 31, 2013 10:27 am

katejoy,

It's frowned upon to discuss $$ amounts on eplaya, so if you don't get a direct message from spygirl, perhaps send her one.

Spygirl,

I'd definitely consider bringing more than just 1 box of baby wipes for 4 people!
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri May 31, 2013 7:00 pm

BoyScoutGirl wrote:I'd definitely consider bringing more than just 1 box of baby wipes for 4 people!

Shhh! That's her radical self-reliance project for the year.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Savannah » Fri May 31, 2013 9:14 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
BoyScoutGirl wrote:I'd definitely consider bringing more than just 1 box of baby wipes for 4 people!

Shhh! That's her radical self-reliance project for the year.

Hahaha!

Aye. Baby wipes should be at minimum 1 box per person, plus sandwich or paper bags to stuff them in so they never, ever end up in any toilet or portapotty. If showers are dicey, even better is 1 refill-sized baby wipe bag per person, stuffed in a ziploc slider bag in case the original bag wants to pretend it's closed and isn't.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Elorrum » Fri May 31, 2013 10:07 pm

Savannah wrote: the original bag wants to pretend it's closed and isn't.

they get light, huh? Found one in my trunk a few weeks ago.
What's the name of the act? The Aristocrats.
Elorrum

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:03 am

I think you'll find that trailer gets real small real quick when filled to it's max-rated number of sleepers, and it's a real pain in the ass when all couches and dinettes have to be folded out for beds. No one can sit unless those people are up and their bed is stowed away.
"One full water tank" means nothing unless you know how big a tank is. You'll be out of water in no time with four people unless that tank is unusually large for a trailer, especially if anyone in the group is unfamiliar with living in an RV. All it takes is someone not following RV shower protocol or washing dishes with the water blasting the whole time to deplete your water - so it's risky to invite a total stranger to share your supplies.
I bring about 100 gallons of water for two people, and we still can't run the shower or sink carefree about the supply like at home. I bet that trailer doesn't carry 100 gallons or have waste tanks that big.

I wouldn't be so anxious to fill it with as many people as you can!
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby sagian99 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi there,
Did you find someone to share your trailer? From Marin County, looking for a rideshare!
sagian99

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Barbie Death Village

Postby dragonpilot » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Can you spell d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r? Oh well, life is full of learning opportunities.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.
dragonpilot

Burning Since: 2005

Postby moog_man » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:50 pm

hello SpyGyrl,

Sounds super organised - I'm also potentially interested. 1st timer here.
Where are you intending to travel from/ back to? And on which dates, please.

best,
moog_man

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Shakti » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi: I am reliable, friendly, creative, fun and interested. This will be my third burn. My friend and I were going to share an RV but she ended up not being able to go.
Shakti

Burning Since: 2011

Postby SpyGyrl007 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:42 am

This will be my 4th year with this trailer set up and I've never had any problems. We're definitely not 'stuffing' the trailer with as many people as we can either as it sleeps about 6 (we're maxing it at 4 to keep stress down - two in the back bedroom and two up front). It's all really simple and we're on an access road and will definitely (attempt to) utilize the water/pump trucks. Yeah, there are easy rules about the showers and stuff, but the theme camp infrastructure has even better showers than the trickle water/bench seat of the trailer so I prefer that. I also don't see why anyone would need to put their dinette bed up...if you wanna sit around, go outside and sit around with your camp mates - or even better yet, strangers! And the one box of baby wipes IS a lesson in radical self reliance. It would be ridiculous to read that and assume you're not still going to have bring your own additional wipes ;)

For those interested, we're not actually driving the trailer into Burning Man so there won't be in/out options...the trailer is being placed for us on Saturday prior. If you need/want to stay longer than Monday after the burn, you're welcome to do that as well :) They won't remove the trailer until we tell them to so yay!
SpyGyrl007

Postby 9ah » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:53 am

::slaps forehead::

Best of luck with finding your 4th for your P&P trailer.

4th burn in 3 yrs? I LOVE IT. Just a little observation. :D
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby 9ah » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:53 am

I'm so burpy!
Illuminate. Navigate. Celebrate.
What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?
9ah

Camp Name: Lamplighters

Postby SpyGyrl007 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Sorry, should say burning since 2010 but I f'd up my profile :oops: 4th burn with this trailer :wink:
SpyGyrl007

Return to 2013 Share Resources