Playapology Theme camp looking for campmates

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Playapology Theme camp looking for campmates

Postby zeldasweet » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:03 am

A group of seasoned burners is looking for festive camp mates for new theme camp, the Playa’s first apology delivery service. Over the years, we've heard about so many camps that turn into hot beds of resentment and unspoken anger: Big chore wheels, campmates who disappear when there is work to do, camp leaders drunk on power barking orders...oh, the complaints we've overheard are endless. For those BRC residents who have done somebody wrong and see the value in apologizing, but want to avoid apologizing in person....Camp Playapology will do it for you, maybe poorly, but sorry is better than not sorry. It's like delivering the mail only instead of mail, it's an apology. And we have a bar.

The work commitment is small, the dues are low, and the build is pretty chill. Obviously, we are a camp that laughs at high drama. We hail from LA and AZ. Mid 40's. We are fun, fairly lazy and fun.We arent gonna have a big communal kitchen or mandatory group meals so we are looking for people who can feed themselves. Our motto: leave no trace and wash your own dishes. But if you want to feed us, we will allow it. Also love it if you have some room bring up supplies. We are open to RVs as well as tents & yurts.

We are all out of early passes but we have some very nice real estate (915 & C), a great shade structure and a nice, easy going community. No chore wheels will be taken seriously.

Email us at dwollock@mac.com.
zeldasweet

Burning Since: 2006

Re: Playapology Theme camp looking for campmates

Postby wheresdmc68 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:23 pm

I like this idea. If i get a ticket and cannot find a preforming arts community I will definitely be interested in this. Send me a PM so i can message you back if I score a ticket.

Cheers,

Dave/Schiz
wheresdmc68

Burning Since: 2013

Postby walkengal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Still looking for campers? I'm a single lady looking for a home.
walkengal

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Tutu » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:54 pm

This camp sounds FANTASTIC! Do you have room for 2? We are mid 30's girls, one a burner and one a newbie. We come with a car, tent, great sense of humor, helping hands, and outgoing personalities. You would head to other camps to apologize by proxy, right.
Tutu

Burning Since: 2012

Postby zeldasweet » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:12 am

breaking news. PlayApology relocated to 9 & D. We still have some spots available. And we have cake.
zeldasweet

Burning Since: 2006

Postby Sic Pup » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:28 am

Wait...... cake? Why didn't you say so the first time?
"Enjoy every sandwich" - W. Zevon
Sic Pup

Postby NikkiG » Sun May 18, 2014 10:51 pm

:D Howdy! I remember y'all from last year. Y'all were some of the first people in BRC to greet me and offer me a seat and a drink on Sunday 7pm. I greatly appreciated it.
Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain
NikkiG

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Stag Camp

Return to 2013 Theme Camps