Looking for an LA based theme camp!

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Looking for an LA based theme camp!

Postby Asteroid009 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Hello! My name is Asher. I am 27 years old, and I've been going to burning man for the past three years. I have had a mind-blowing time every time. Normally I go with a theme camp hosted by people that I know, but due to circumstances (jobs, weddings, etc.) this will not happen this year. It's a little sad, but I am looking at it as an opportunity to go out and meet new burners and an all-together different flavor of a burning-man experience. A part of the experience that I really appreciate is the ability to meet fascinating strangers that I would not cross paths with otherwise.

I've been looking for a new camp I can potentially join, for fun. I will be in LA all summer (Culver City area), so if there is a camp that is located nearby I would love to hear about it!
Asteroid009

Burning Since: 2010

Re: Looking for an LA based theme camp!

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm giving this a nudge over to the 2013 Theme Camps board, since that's a better fit. You may care to read through the recently published list of theme camps to look for something LA-based that you'd like to join. Or you could spend a little while browsing through the boards - a growing number of camps have been posting, one may be a great fit. Additionally, you could consider using the Spark collaboration tool.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Asteroid009 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:59 pm

trilobyte wrote:I'm giving this a nudge over to the 2013 Theme Camps board, since that's a better fit. You may care to read through the recently published list of theme camps to look for something LA-based that you'd like to join. Or you could spend a little while browsing through the boards - a growing number of camps have been posting, one may be a great fit. Additionally, you could consider using the Spark collaboration tool.

Thanks! I wasn't sure exactly where to post this, since I am new to the site.
Asteroid009

Postby chakrakhan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:49 am

Hello friend! Check out our village, Black Rock French Quarter..We have several camps inside of the village. Black Rock Farmers Market, The famous Golden Cafe, The Psychic and Mystic Shoppe The Botanika Bodhi Manman Nan Bejeezus, Broken Angel Bathhouse, Winery, Brewery, Black Rock Bakery and Ice Cream Shop and Pierre Lafittes Whiskey Bar...
Visit our website and fill out the form or PM for more information. See ya Dusty!

http://www.blackrockfrenchquarter.org/join/
chakrakhan

Postby Asteroid009 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Thanks! I think I know who I am going to camp with, now. The Black Rock French Quarter did catch my attention. Maybe I'll check it out next year (I'll probably see you guys at the burn) :)
Asteroid009

Return to 2013 Theme Camps