Barbie Day Spa - Looking for new members

Whether you're a registered theme camp or not this is the place to discuss and share camp plans, find a camp to join, or recruit new campmates.

Barbie Day Spa - Looking for new members

Postby massagenut » Thu May 30, 2013 1:15 pm

This will be Barbie Day Spa's fourth year on the playa as a sub-camp of Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro/Barbie Death Village. We run a day spa as part of the village. Generally open late morning to mid afternoon. We do full body swedish massage, foot washing/foot massage, fingernail painting, and general pampering. And we serve wine.
We are based out of Austin, Tx. Unfortunately the cost and time commitment to travel to BM from Texas is huge, and our previous campmates can't make it this year. So, we are looking for some additional camp members that would like to join us as part of the spa.

What we need: Smiling faces that enjoy meeting and talking to people, making them comfy while offering them a glass of wine and explaining what is available at the spa. People that love painting finger nails. People that aren't afraid to grab those tired, dusty feet that roam in off the playa and offer to wash them and massage them for a few minutes. People that enjoy giving massage and are somewhat good at it.. not necessarily pro's...but have been giving them for a while. These are relaxation massages...swedish or esalen style....not deep tissue.

There are only a few requirements, but these are important.
NO DRAMA. We're here to have fun, not fuss or argue or feel like managers... So let me repeat that... NO DRAMA
A genuine interest in pampering others.
Reliable enough to show up and do your job when the spa is open, even if you were out partying late. You won't have to be at the spa every day, but when you are supposed to be there, BE THERE. Remember, we are a DAY SPA... so if you are only a night person.. this may not be your thing.
We do not do group/camp meals. You are responsible for your own meals. (although the village does have a few shared pot luck meals)
There are some village dues.

Contact me if you are interested or want more information. Our camp is traditionally located near 3:30/4:00 and E.

Texas Joe (TJ) (or massagenut on eplaya... but that name just didn't stick on the real playa)
Texas Joe (TJ)
BDC&WB
Barbie Day Spa

'...just be nice'
massagenut

Re: Barbie Day Spa - Looking for new members

Postby massagenut » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:26 pm

We could still use some more camp mates and helpers. You can help at the spa for an afternoon even if you don't camp with us.
TJ
Texas Joe (TJ)
BDC&WB
Barbie Day Spa

'...just be nice'
massagenut

Postby Dr. Pyro » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:15 pm

TJ, I gave your name to a newbie who gives massages about three hours ago. Asked her to contact you. She will be willing to help out (she volunteered).
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby massagenut » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Great!! Thanks Doc.
Texas Joe (TJ)
BDC&WB
Barbie Day Spa

'...just be nice'
massagenut

Postby massagenut » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:49 pm

We've added 9 people to our camp now, so we are pretty much filled up. Feel free to contact us if you are interested, but we can only accomodate one or two additional members. See you in the dust....
TJ
Texas Joe (TJ)
BDC&WB
Barbie Day Spa

'...just be nice'
massagenut

Postby massagenut » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Well, the group of 7 that were going to join us decided to camp elsewhere... so, we once again have some openings at the spa. Please contact me if you are interested and I'll give you more information.
Thanks
Texas Joe (TJ)
BDC&WB
Barbie Day Spa

'...just be nice'
massagenut

Postby MissMel51 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello, if you still need help at the day spa I'm more than happy to help! :-)
MissMel51

Burning Since: 2013

Postby massagenut » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 pm

MissMel51 wrote:Hello, if you still need help at the day spa I'm more than happy to help! :-)

We are full up in terms of camping space, but if you would like to just come and help out at the spa for a day or two, we'd love to have you.
Texas Joe (TJ)
BDC&WB
Barbie Day Spa

'...just be nice'
massagenut

Postby sfwathen » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Hello TJ,

I would like to give massages. I have given them with HeeBeeGeeBee Camp before but they are full up this year. Oh, and I lived in Texas once.
sfwathen

Burning Since: 2004

Postby honesty_13 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Maybe "barbie" can be franchised and take over BM........
honesty_13

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: do you really want to know?

Postby C.f.M. » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:40 pm

I'm your neighbor at Dye With Dignity, and will definitely stop by to help paint some nails! One of my campmates from last year still raves about the manicure he got there. :)
C.f.M.

Burning Since: 2009

Postby BabyG » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:09 am

Howdy friends!

My name is BabyG, I'm a 7 year veteran Burner from Toronto, Canada.

I was planning to take the year off Burning Man to save up for other adventures but was offered a free ticket and low cost ride which got me excited to go. Unfortunately that all fell through but now I'm jazzed to go, dogh!

The last two years I went I was on the outer ring. I am hoping to secure a spot at a theme camp this year.

Do you, or a group you know of, have room for myself and possibly others to join??

Please email allisongreenbaum1@gmail.com (you can also check me out on facebook with that name, with (G) after it in brackets.. ) or call/text 416.627.1985 as soon as you are able to!

I'm a super cool, super fun, laid back, cute, friendly gal who would make a great and smooth addition to any zone!

Much love, hope to hear from you sooon!

-BabyG :)
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened"- BabyG (",) xxx
BabyG

Postby Hottlotus » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:20 pm

hey its Raven from Austin Tx! I visited during the last day last year
and would love to join if its not too late. I have an RV with massage
table and spa essencials, oils and pink lemonade. Msg me if we could
make arrangements :)
Hottlotus

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:41 am

Texas Joe is somewhere around Rock Springs, Wyoming right about now. They ran into a buck and ruined their truck, so they have to rent another one to get to the playa. Everyone is OK, nobody hurt. I'm sure TJ would welcome another participant in Barbie Day Spa. We don't have space for an RV, but if you park just across the street (4:01 and E is open camping) you can waltz on over any time!
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby massagenut » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Hey everyone. The spa is full for this year and I'm too stressed out over our car problems and trying to actually get to the playa. There is open camping across the street if you just want to be nearby. If you would like to help with foot wash, foot massage, or fingernail painting just drop by and visit with me a few minutes and we will try to fine a time when you can help. Thanks a bunch. See you on the playa soon (I hope!).
TJ
Texas Joe (TJ)
BDC&WB
Barbie Day Spa

'...just be nice'
massagenut

Postby Hottlotus » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:40 am

Awe I figured it might be too late.. I just recently found out Im able to go but havent got a camp to set yet.. I might be the Lone Ranger from Tx across the street lol Now if I could only travel back in time to get a better start with a camp so I could offer my spa services. I'll just stop by n say hi and see how things are. I heard you guys were swamped last year and I couldnt find you till the last day! lol Well hope to see you guys soon on the playa, sorry to hear about the car troubles I know how it is I hit a deer coming out of north Tx and it wasnt fun spinning out of controll doing a 360. Safe journeys out there my friends!

Raven
Hottlotus

Postby cshonk » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi Raven,
I'm coming in from Austin as well and have found no vacancies at camps. There is one called Hotel Rug, but I've yet to officially get any kind of green light. I've got enough stuff to survive and have some fun, but definitely not an expert as this is my first year. If your Barbie Day Spa still has openings I'm down to join/connect. I too am in the spa/wellness/health business back in Austin. Cheers, Shonkster
cshonk

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Hotel Rug

Return to 2013 Theme Camps