Emergency Golf-Cart?

Planning to build and bring a mutant vehicle? Talk about your plans and recruit crew members here.

Emergency Golf-Cart?

Postby LXStylz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:46 am

Hey everybody! I'm sorry i have to ask this but i'm kinda in a last spot place. One of the campers that I was going with was recently in a car accident and will not be able to walk/bike to enjoy the Playa. This makes me very sad as he may have to miss the event entirely. Originally it was not my plan to bring a golf cart but I can get one at a very sweet price (almost free) to bring with me. Seeing as how I have the ability to put my good friend with a ride I would really like to do it. Unfortunately at looking at the DMV the car registry questionnaire and the disability questionnaire link back to the participate site. The friend in the accident suggested that the registration deadline was over, which would make sense as to why I can't get to the questionnaires.

So my question? is their anyway I can get this to work out? it would be extremely beneficial to my friend, and I would also be able to transport other people who are mobility questioned around.

Flame away!!!
LXStylz

Burning Since: 2011

Re: Emergency Golf-Cart?

Postby lemur » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:10 am

registrations for those who did not pre-register do exist for people seeking disabled licenses who have a valid disabled drivers license plate or placard.... they can just show up at the DMV during operating hours

as for someone who was recently injured and may not have that, my guess is that it's likely to be some kind of case by case basis thing and may require some kind of "proof" ..i.e. paperwork and for more info... that would be a question for the dmv...... email them! dmv [at] burningman.com
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Token » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:40 am

Disabled MV app is open for 3 more days. 7/31 is the deadline.

http://www.burningman.com/on_the_playa/ ... index.html
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby some seeing eye » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:37 am

Best to your friend healing. The mv requirements are strict to prevent rampant abuse. Suggest contacting the alter abled camp for advice and collaboration - http://brcmobility.com/.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby LXStylz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:50 am

Thank you all for the quick responses.
LXStylz

Burning Since: 2011

Return to 2013 Mutant Vehicles