Looking to contribute in the Bay Area

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Looking to contribute in the Bay Area

Postby Candybox » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:34 pm

About us: I'm Monica. He's Rob. We were heavily involved in building Anubis last year. We're sort of part of East Bay Core, though we live out in Pacifica. As a team, we can make pretty much anything, and we're looking to use our skillset on an ambitious project this summer.

Me: I'm a graphic designer and illustrator by trade. Do you need swag for your crowd-sourcing fund? I can design it. I can make it. I made the engraved wooden Anubis pendents from the fundraiser last year. I can do other things too, especially with fabrication. I can laser and waterjet and work with foam and plastics. I'm pretty handy in the woodshop too. Oh yeah, and if you need any art or murals done, I'm there like a bear.

Rob: He's a software engineer at google. He can program Arduino. He wants to work on something that needs programmed lighting effects. He's also a blacksmith and he makes knives. And he can weld. And he's totally better at big construction than I am.

Anyway, we're looking for a largish project based in the Bay Area that could use those skills... preferably all of them, at the same time. :mrgreen:
Candybox

Burning Since: 2010

Re: Looking to contribute in the Bay Area

Postby trilobyte » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:09 am

You may want to consider using the Spark collaboration tool, linked in my signature line. You also may want to take a look at the assorted projects and camps posting on the boards, find one that interests you, and reach out directly.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Candybox » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:08 pm

Sweet. It's been awhile since I've been on eplaya. I wasn't aware of the Spark feature.
Candybox

Burning Since: 2010

Postby klocks » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Candybox..not sure what 'largish' means to you, but we've got a project that could do with a better skill-set on the lighting end of things than we have...and help with laser-cutting in a few weeks too..a hand would be super-appreciated. We'll be working in Berkeley in a few weeks' time. Thanks!
Here's the project link : https://invisiblesculpture.wordpress.com/
klocks

Postby onemandown » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:59 am

Candybox,

We are working on a new large scale piece this year called The Runway. It is what is sounds like. A computer controlled lighting & flame sequenced runway. Some of the details are available at www.onemandown.com. There is a host of lighting effects programming and a fair bit of plumbing to do over the next six weeks. We typically work on the weekends. If this sounds like something you'd like to get involved with feel free to email me at trey@onemandown.com.

Whether it's our project or someone else's it is great to know you'll be contributing to something spectacular.

Cheers
Trey
onemandown

Return to 2013 Art & Performance