Classical string musicians wanted

Building art? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.

Classical string musicians wanted

Postby phoenixwolf » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Five-year burner would love to find other advanced violin, viola, or cello players to plan classical chamber music concert. I have brought my violin to the playa the last five years and always have enthusiastic listeners. I would love to play duets or quartets this year. If you are interested, let me know! Phoenix
phoenixwolf

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Accaplaya

Re: Classical string musicians wanted

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Do you take any particular steps to keep your violin from damage.
(Sorry, I don't have any leads on the rest of it, but I do like to be able to give people an idea of how to take care of something so expensive and important.)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby lemur » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Milayna » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Exactly what I was thinking crypto, I'm a reasonably advanced violinist (playing for over 10 years but definitely not professional) but I'd never be comfortable bringing a good instrument out there.
Milayna

Postby janedaplain » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:36 pm

Are you still looking for string musicians? I'm a classically trained violinist of almost 20 years and would love to play some chamber music! Last year was my first burn, and I found a group to play bluegrass with, but all I could think of was how great it would be to play some chamber music. Please tell me you're still looking!

Re:bringing a violin to the playa, I bought a cheap violin and bow off of craigslist explicitly for playa use that is almost newly made, with tough finishing. The violin did fine, but the carbon fiber bow broke while I was playing (not sure why exactly), so my thoughts so far are to 1) duct tape the poor thing, 2) buy another carbon fiber bow, or 3) find a very cheap wooden bow in hopes that it'll be more flexible and somehow more resilient to the heat.
janedaplain

Burning Since: 2012

Return to 2013 Art & Performance