LOST: Red Nikon Coolpix S70 between Artica @ 9 & 8:10/I

LOST: Red Nikon Coolpix S70 between Artica @ 9 & 8:10/I

Postby TwoSBGuys » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:11 am

Hi there good folks of Black Rock city!!! I hope your Burn was a fantastic as ours this year!!!

I unfortunately lost my Red Nikon Coolpix S70 Camera within Black Rock City.
21d46f57-c4bc-4624-94ff-b73194183e94.jpg
It would have been lost between Artica at 9 O'Clock and our camp, Camp Yonder, at 8:10 and Iris. There is a small dent on the front of the camera and it has a plain black leash on the side. No case.

On the camera, are tons of pics. If you open the camera, view the pics and look at the very first pic, you will see my Jeep and Camper on the way to the Burn in 2011
DSCN2670 (400x300).jpg
and continue through that year's event. If you scroll back, the shots are of this year's burn; I believe the most recent shots would have been night shots. Within both year's shots you will find may pics of our camp which has huge pink bones at the front and an Angry Pink Poodle backpack puppet that I take each year.
DSCN2030 (400x299).jpg

I so hope you can help in getting us reunited. I know the camera is likely trashed from hitting the ground and landing in Playa dust. I would be happy just to get the card back. It is a 4GB card with lost of photos and videos. I have most of them off-loaded. I just would hate to lose any of this year's images.

Again, your help is so appreciated. I optimistically look forward to hearing from you.

See you at Home next year!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robby and Bryan
Camp Yonder
8:15 & I
Santa Barbara, CA
TwoSBGuys

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Camp Yonder

Re: LOST: Red Nikon Coolpix S70 between Artica @ 9 & 8:10/I

Postby kiki » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi there,

I'm Kiki, working with Playa Info Lost and Found and trying to reunite lost cameras with their burner owners.

I DEFINITELY have your camera. Please PM me with your address and I will pop it in the mail. By the way, you have a 32GB memory card, not a 4 GB one... ! :)

xo.
Kiki
kiki

Postby TwoSBGuys » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:00 am

Hi there Kiki,

This is so awesome... you folks are fantastic.

[edit: work address removed at OP request - Eric, Mod]
Robby and Bryan
Camp Yonder
Santa Barbara, CA
TwoSBGuys

Postby TwoSBGuys » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Thank you for the quick help Eric. Live and Learn, right?
Robby and Bryan
Camp Yonder
Santa Barbara, CA
TwoSBGuys

Postby TwoSBGuys » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:20 pm

CAMERA RETURNED!!!

We are so touched and honored that some kind souls found our camera and returned it to Burning Man Lost and Found. And through their camera return program, we now have our camera back in hand!!!

There is hope for you folks that have lost your stuff. What a wonderful thing that people would handle this situation like this. In the default world, this camera would be long gone and the treasured images deleted. So thankful!!!

If anyone knows these awesome guys, please have them get in touch with us so we can thank them! We would love to meet up with them on the Playa next year and share a toast to kindness.
DSCN6359 (2) (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robby and Bryan
Camp Yonder
Santa Barbara, CA
TwoSBGuys

Return to Lost Gadgets (Cameras, Phones, MP3 Players)