Beer Pong Q

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Beer Pong Q

Postby theskillwithin » Tue May 06, 2014 12:44 pm

I want to bring a beer pong table to burning man. Having never gone I don't really know how much the wind will effect the game. Is it constantly windy rendering any games unplayable? or is it just sometimes that it effects the game.
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Beer Pong Q

Postby asr9754 » Tue May 06, 2014 12:50 pm

it just depends on what's happening at any given moment w/ the weather. It could be playable for a while, then the wind would pick up and completely blow everything away, including the table. Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry generally, the mornings are calmer and afternoons are windier, but there's variation all day and night. I bet you could reasonably expect a few hours per day of acceptable low wind for beer pong, but not on a scheduled basis, and be ready to chase down a lot of balls blowing away. I like beer pong and this idea. If the table is inside a structure you'd get more opportunities to play.

Postby FIGJAM » Tue May 06, 2014 1:31 pm

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Postby Said teh Bear » Wed May 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Fill the cups all the way for high wind.
Said teh Bear
Burning Since: 2013

Postby trilobyte » Thu May 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Interesting first post. Welcome to ePlaya, feel free to circle around to the Greeter's Station to post an introduction - I'm sure there's more to you than "wants to play beer pong in the desert" :)

It's possible you'll get a few minutes here and there where it would be possible. It's also possible (and even likely) that there will also be moments where the winds are enough to pick up and carry off an unsecured ping pong table. You could either bring and build some kind of structure to put the ping pong table in, or you could just leave the frat party game at home. Just worry about getting yourself out there and back in one piece and bring some extra beers/drinks to share with people you meet and you'll be fine. There will be plenty of drinking (and drinking game) opportunities on the playa, Black Rock City is good like that.
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks