One Piece of Advice for a Birgin

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Re: One Piece of Advice for a Birgin

Postby DoctorIknow » Mon May 19, 2014 12:00 am

Be ready to accept that you might have a meltdown.

One possibility: Establish a friend beforehand you can go to, if they agree and you ask for their help.

Another possibility: is self help, perhaps because you don't want to burden someone with your shit.

If you are in camp, which can be a black hole that just makes things worse in a downward spiral of any number of very real bummers for you that just seem to escalate minute by minute until you question everything about yourself and wonder wtf you are doing there and not back with your family and friends at home, just get on the bike or walk out to the playa for a healing walkabout (rideabout?)

It's very possible you will find art or people out there that pull you back into your beautiful self, and you'll return to your camp after a while with a smile.

PS: of course, any trip out to get your bearings with yourself might take a while, so, as said, take a liter of water, goggles, mask, sunscreen in day, something warm at night, and a light.
DoctorIknow

Postby kowtow » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:41 pm

DoctorIknow wrote:Be ready to accept that you might have a meltdown.

If you are in camp, which can be a black hole that just makes things worse in a downward spiral of any number of very real bummers for you that just seem to escalate minute by minute until you question everything about yourself and wonder wtf you are doing there and not back with your family and friends at home, just get on the bike or walk out to the playa for a healing walkabout (rideabout?)

It's very possible you will find art or people out there that pull you back into your beautiful self, and you'll return to your camp after a while with a smile.

Great advice! I can totally see where a bad trip could turn into a terrible event if you just wallow in the bullshit. I can totally relate.

I tend to be a drifter at parties and I tend to walk home, sometimes covering many miles in a night. My biggest fear is that I will take my ass to the playa and try to walk home. Ummm I don't care who you are, it's not a good idea to walk home from BRC. Once you walk to Gerlach, you still have an eternity in front of you. It would be great to have that playa friend, reasoning with you and saying wtf bro.
DISCLAIMER - Kids please do not follow me on these forums for my grammar, punctuation, spelling or my general ill-use of the English language. Stay in school, adhere to abstinence, never drink or do cannabis. -kowtow
kowtow

Burning Since: 2014

Postby FIGJAM » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:18 pm

If you get butt-hurt on the playa on Wednesday and decide to storm off, ask yourself "Where the fuck am I going that's better than here?"

If the answer is anything other than "Nowhere" than maybe the playa wasn't meant for you. :roll:
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby kowtow » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:05 pm

FIGJAM wrote:If you get butt-hurt on the playa on Wednesday and decide to storm off, ask yourself "Where the fuck am I going that's better than here?"

If the answer is anything other than "Nowhere" than maybe the playa wasn't meant for you. :roll:

Ya what FJ said!

Image - Does anyone have any talcum powder I've got playa butt
DISCLAIMER - Kids please do not follow me on these forums for my grammar, punctuation, spelling or my general ill-use of the English language. Stay in school, adhere to abstinence, never drink or do cannabis. -kowtow
kowtow

Burning Since: 2014

Previous

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks