Anybody in the NYC area wanna make some art?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Anybody in the NYC area wanna make some art?

Postby Supafly_fresh » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Hey y'all,

I've got an idea for an art project to bring out to that music & arts festival, so if anybody wants to get together and do some art, get in touch.

That was presented in a pretty flip manner because the art world is overflowing with pretentious douchebags & their feverish egos all stroking each other in a massive circle jerk, but I do have an idea, and just wanna see if there are any other folks in the area interested in collaborating. That area would be NYC. Queens specifically because fuck Brooklyn. They're all a bunch of shitheads down there.

It's a large physical installation that would be humorous, but also interesting. Might even be able to get a grant for it.

Anyhoos, get in touch if you wanna make some art. Then you can tell everybody you're an artist, and you'll probably get laid off that.

According to the brilliant geniuses at art basel, this is brilliant. My idea is much better.

This idea makes Tracey Emin's right hemisphere look like a shrived up prune.

Not that that's terribly hard to do
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
Supafly_fresh

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: No Pictures, Please.

Re: Anybody in the NYC area wanna make some art?

Postby paintitblack » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm in NYC and I want to make art! I'm an architecture student at Columbia, I have never made anything for the Playa but I am so eager to get my hands dirty on something for this summer.
paintitblack

Burning Since: 2012

Postby trilobyte » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Just seeing this now, and giving it a nudge to the Q&A board, since that's a better fit for general preparation questions. The year-specific art & performance board is more for announcing or keeping people posted on the progress of specific projects. Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Supafly_fresh » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Trilo,

the original post does not ask any questions, but was rather an open invitation for those interested to work on an art project in development for 2014. As such it correctly belongs in the "2014 Art & Performance" category where it was originally posted.

By transferring it to the Q&A you have essentially guaranteed that this invitation will be overlooked by any who might be interested.

Do you actively obstruct and stifle the efforts of all eplaya members not in your exlusive social circle, or have I been singled out for special treatment?
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
Supafly_fresh

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:12 pm

Sorry, there's no conspiracy, and no special clubs or circles to belong to. Nebulous project brainstorming belongs in the 'Preparation' section of the site. Once you've gotten it to a fully formed idea and name you're more than welcome to post a thread about it in the year specific Art & Performance board.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Supafly_fresh » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:34 pm

It is a fully formed idea, with a name, and proposal that was up for submission for NYC CORE, however unlike most burners, I prefer modesty, and do not promote ideas that are still the the planning phase. Also it would spoil the surprise.

Particulars will be discussed with any interested parties.

Since my account will most likely be cancelled due to a private disagreement with one of the administrators here, any interested parties are invited to contact me directly at:

supafly_fresh@yahoo.com
Supafly_fresh

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Supafly_fresh wrote:Since my account will most likely be cancelled due to a private disagreement with one of the administrators ...

Ask me if I'm surprised...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Supafly_fresh » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:42 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Supafly_fresh wrote:Since my account will most likely be cancelled due to a private disagreement with one of the administrators ...

Why? Is that a thing here? Are the administrators such sensitive, delicate little daffodils that they respond to any content not celebratory of everything they do by cancelling accounts? They certainly seem to enjoy making things difficult for folks trying to accomplish something productive.
Supafly_fresh

Postby Simon of the Playa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:40 pm

there is nothing fly or fresh about having a Yahoo E-Mail Address...

do us all a favor, stay in Queens.
fuck you, it's magic

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Eric » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Supafly_fresh wrote:Are the administrators such sensitive, delicate little daffodils that they respond to any content not celebratory of everything they do by cancelling accounts?

I love how you keep saying this through your still very much active account. Paranoid much?
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:59 am

Supafly_fresh wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:

Why? Is that a thing here? Are the administrators such sensitive, delicate little daffodils that they respond to any content not celebratory of everything they do by cancelling accounts? They certainly seem to enjoy making things difficult for folks trying to accomplish something productive.

No. Because you are acting like a twit.
I don't agree with everything the mods do, but I also remember what it was like without them. The board is organized; if you want to be in the sub-forum for this year's projects, you can say what it is. Actually, if you post it, I doubt that as many as one in ten burners will read it, so the surprise will remain intact. Otherwise, you can remain where you are.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Supafly_fresh » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:20 am

I would say that accessing a members profile and deleting their private messages constitutes abuse of authority, and that's happened here to me.

Crypto- you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.
Supafly_fresh

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:33 am

Go ahead.

Poke the beast with a stick.

See what that gets you, little man.
fuck you, it's magic

Frida Be You & Me

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby mgb327 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:51 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.
mgb327

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks