Reno / Sparks Walmart: No Returns

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Reno / Sparks Walmart: No Returns

Postby ender » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:05 pm

I was cruising thru Wally world, and noticed that they've posted a Caveat Emptor on their bicycles, and camping gear purchased several weeks prior to BM.

So that applies to build week people too.

Basically, you shouldn't buy those things from that Walmart, unless you're absolutely positive that they're in full working condition, without missing parts, and that you're not going to want to return them. Dunno if this applies to the Fallon Walmart as well.
ender

Burning Since: 2002

Re: Reno / Sparks Walmart: No Returns

Postby LostinReno » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Nothing new, they've been doing this for years....and it applies to pretty much everything in the store. I happened to be in there about a week after the burn when a clearly non-burner was returning a coffee maker she'd purchased during that period. After her 5 minute rant about dirty hippies they exchanged her coffee maker. I suppose if your goods aren't playafied and in "new" condition you can make the dirty hippy arguement and get your stuff exchanged.
LostinReno

Burning Since: 2009

Postby trilobyte » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:47 pm

I should imagine it applies to most stores in the region - years of post-burn returns abuse attempts would tend to make them a bit jaded.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Sham » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Imagine all the merchandise that would be returned, both used and unneeded after Burning Man. People would buy everything and just make a return.
I had a bike that had defective gears that I bought at Walmart. It was playa covered and defective. I just wanted a replacement, so I deplayafied it and then bought a brand new one several weeks after the event. I returned the one with bad gears with the second receipt---dated long after the event was over. No problem and I had a good bike. :D

Walmart has made an art out of selling cheaply made products, for low prices. If an item doesn't work, they really need to honor the warranty--one way or another.
Sham

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks