safe for portapotty wipes

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

safe for portapotty wipes

Postby Eddie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:16 pm

One of the rules is to only use single ply, well, most single ply is rather lacking and they kinda fall apart.

Anyone know of any wipes or towelettes that are safe to use? I'm guessing that the flushable type is still too heavy.

When camping I usually use towelettes with a latex glove, turn glove inside out while holding towelette and tie it closed like a balloon.
Eddie

Re: safe for portapotty wipes

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Eddie wrote:One of the rules is to only use single ply, well, most single ply is rather lacking and they kinda fall apart.

Alas. That "falling apart" is exactly what means that it can go into the blue goo and break up enough that it can be sucked up and processed by the machines. you can bring your own 5 gallon bucket and the proper chemicals to shit in all week, haul out and I think it goes to a land fill. I forget what thread that was in, but it was interesting.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby MyDearFriend » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Please do not put any kind of wipe or towelette in the portapotty. Seriously. NO kind. Not ever.

You can USE whatever wipe you like (the thick the better in my opinion) as long as you pack it out with the rest of your trash. You should have a little baggie with you all the time anyway, for MOOP, and you can find plenty of little MOOPlets to keep your used wipe company before you get back to your camp. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re: No wipes are safe for portapotty at BRC.

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Eddie,
Look for Robbodobbs cruising the city doing her porta potty gig in her red and dusty station wagon with a box of TP on top. Give her a shout and ask her for a shitload of TP. She will supply you with as much as you want and then you can really go to town with that stuff and maybe not have to use wipes. She will give you enough to have a supply for your camp mates too in case the potty guys are delayed by a big dust storm or rain. It's pretty easy to carry the wipes out if you have to use them. You might want to read the label to verify that they are made of all natural fibers. If so you could BURN them.
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby MOOP_Czar » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:23 pm

I just need to post a question about the difference between men and women-

Why is it that you can give a woman a roll of toilet paper and she can not only take off her make-up with 4 squares, but also clean the entire bathroom and wipe herself without an issue... Whereas a guy feels the need to wrap a mitt of TP from our finger tips to our wrists just to wipe his ass?

I am sure it is irrelevant, but it really bugs the fuck out of me...
MOOP Czar
MOOP_Czar

Postby Packoderm » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Just pour some water on toilet paper. It works like a wet wipe.
(currently Zeke Chaparral)
Packoderm

Postby graidawg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:13 am

MOOP_Czar wrote:I just need to post a question about the difference between men and women-

Why is it that you can give a woman a roll of toilet paper and she can not only take off her make-up with 4 squares, but also clean the entire bathroom and wipe herself without an issue... Whereas a guy feels the need to wrap a mitt of TP from our finger tips to our wrists just to wipe his ass?

It's because guys dont (usually) have make up to remove and that, if a typical buidling yard toilet is anything to go by guys have great trouble managing t shit in the toilet let alone not on our hands, so by covering ourselves completely in tp we can be sure any non accurate waste does not go on us.
btw i use 5 pieces as a rule it makes for a sufficient coverage when folded in two and i ahet using wet wipes, they feel like my arse is crying or something
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby Eddie » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:27 am

MOOP_Czar wrote:I just need to post a question about the difference between men and women-

It probably depends on what you've had for lunch, or maybe your diet is just high in fiber. :D
Eddie

Postby Drawingablank » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:33 am

I think it depends on the woman - my daughter uses more tp daily than my wife, son, and I combined do in a week.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby The CO » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:54 am

Eddie, read this thread. It will answer nearly everything you could ask about poo at Burning Man.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Postby unjonharley » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 am

In the camping section at WalMart you can buy (1ply) ass gaskets
Go and hover (a.k.a. piss on your feet) no more.
unjonharley

Postby robbidobbs » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Damn! You just got yourself a sign Moop Czar!
robbidobbs

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks