Playa Weddin'

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Playa Weddin'

Postby daned420 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi Friends!

With less than 24 days left until we hit the playa we are all getting very excited. I don't know about you guys, but today me and my girl pulled out all our camping gear and started prepping it for out trip out west.

Sooo my girlfriend may be pregnant -- we had planned on this, but we still dont know (we have our fingers crossed)
Last year @ BM we rode our bikes into the middle of the playa past the man and popped a bottle of champagne . We made a toast of all toasts and a mutual understanding that we had love that was to be forever. Anyways - you guys prolly dont want to hear the mushyness but we love each other very much...
anyways so we had discussed getting married on the playa - I mean we have no reason to get legally married, especially for tax reasons (for now atleast) but we want to hold a ceremony at burning man. Its our special place, we feel the most alive there...

We don't have any friends going out there this year and we don't camp w/ a theme camp so we are on our own.
Would you guys be interested in joining us for a ceremony? If so we have a wedding dress and a funky tux to purchase and will need to do so soon.
We would like a priest of sorts and maybe some new friends to celebrate..

So what are your suggestions? I know some of you amazing people have done this ... but we don't want to make it a big deal... just a lil get together to celebrate love
- love ,
chef earthspice and Sunrise
[code]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/usburningman.jpg/[/code]
2nd time burners from America's Penis (south flordia)
daned420

Re: Playa Weddin'

Postby Turnip » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:28 pm

If your girl is pregnant, don't go the the playa until the doctor can verify it's a "low risk" pregnancy.
God Please, don't make me make myself look like a moron...
Turnip

Postby junglesmacks » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:12 am

Turnip wrote:If your girl is pregnant, don't go the the playa until the doctor can verify it's a "low risk" pregnancy.

Or you're sure that it's yours.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby daned420 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 am

she will be ~1 month preggo - low risk because shes in excellent health..
Thanks for the advice .. we don't want a marriage license now for tax purposes since I'm still in school and I dont want it to burden my ability to take out financial aid/loans.

Baby should be mine.. if its not the stork must have brought it

and i like the idea of just walking around inviting people! we just want a fun minister to read us the things to "marry us" in our terms and so we can exchange our vows and that sorta thing.. but hmmm maybe we'l just put it off for 3 years and when we can return in 2014 we'l do it
2nd time burners from America's Penis (south flordia)
daned420

Postby MyDearFriend » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:52 am

If it doesn't need to be a legal marriage then you might find lots of folks willing to preside. 8)

And, that early in a pregnancy there is really nothing to be done if it goes wrong, except mourn :( wear pads (she should bring some) and seek medical attention for fever, severe abdominal pain, or Rh incompatibility. Does she know her blood type? If she's Rh negative then she needs to know yours; could save you guys a trip to Reno if the worst happens...
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby inProgress » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:45 am

That sounds adorable!!!

Be sure your lady is taking a multivitamin made for women in addition to a separate Iron supplement. Women developing slight anemia (iron deficiency in the red blood cells) can be very common during the first trimester, which can be magnified by dehydration. Having a few juicy stakes to mange on is also helpful, and delicious!

(sorry, I can't help but be the worrying healthcare worker :) )

Postby Dr Helix » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:52 am

daned420 wrote:Hi Friends!

With less than 24 days left until we hit the playa we are all getting very excited. I don't know about you guys, but today me and my girl pulled out all our camping gear and started prepping it for out trip out west.

Sooo my girlfriend may be pregnant -- we had planned on this, but we still dont know (we have our fingers crossed)
Last year @ BM we rode our bikes into the middle of the playa past the man and popped a bottle of champagne . We made a toast of all toasts and a mutual understanding that we had love that was to be forever. Anyways - you guys prolly dont want to hear the mushyness but we love each other very much...
anyways so we had discussed getting married on the playa - I mean we have no reason to get legally married, especially for tax reasons (for now atleast) but we want to hold a ceremony at burning man. Its our special place, we feel the most alive there...

We don't have any friends going out there this year and we don't camp w/ a theme camp so we are on our own.
Would you guys be interested in joining us for a ceremony? If so we have a wedding dress and a funky tux to purchase and will need to do so soon.
We would like a priest of sorts and maybe some new friends to celebrate..

So what are your suggestions? I know some of you amazing people have done this ... but we don't want to make it a big deal... just a lil get together to celebrate love
- love ,
chef earthspice and Sunrise
Code: Select all
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/usburningman.jpg/

Well if nothing else, I can offer you a potential place to do your ceremony; under my fiance and mine's art work called "Heart of The City" Here's a link to look at it:

http://www.fryklund.com/lounge.php?id=24

We will be having our own ceremony on Wednesday at 6:30. You are very welcome to attend. Good luck!
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby Recoil » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:13 am

me and my GF are getting married this year all so on wensday at sunset haha but we decided to use the temple as a out backdrop, all tho i do dig the heart of the playa you guys are building this year. very nice metal work
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
Recoil

Postby Drizzt321 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:07 pm

Congratulations!

You guys want some photos? I've done my sisters wedding, turned out some good stuff (playa will be much more challenging!). Let me know when and where, I'll put it in my (as yet mostly empty) playa schedule :)
--Aaron
Drizzt321

Burning Since: 2011

Postby enriqueatanacio » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Sounds like alot of fun. Im down to celebrate love! I got a tux I can bring!
enriqueatanacio

Postby Dr Helix » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:34 pm

enriqueatanacio wrote:Sounds like alot of fun. Im down to celebrate love! I got a tux I can bring!

Love to have you
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks