Water trucks

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Re: Water trucks

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:55 am

Ever ride your bike down any given street, in BRC, and notice its bumpy as fuck? That! Is what happens when people chase water trucks...picking up mud clods with every step. And, THAT, is why..I believe..we are discouraged from chasing water trucks. The nasty water is merely an extra discouraging factor.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Postby ygmir » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 am

TomServo wrote:Ever ride your bike down any given street, in BRC, and notice its bumpy as fuck? That! Is what happens when people chase water trucks...picking up mud clods with every step. And, THAT, is why..I believe..we are discouraged from chasing water trucks. The nasty water is merely an extra discouraging factor.

but it is kinda comical to watch people ride bikes with fenders behind them.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:04 am

ygmir wrote:
TomServo wrote:Ever ride your bike down any given street, in BRC, and notice its bumpy as fuck? That! Is what happens when people chase water trucks...picking up mud clods with every step. And, THAT, is why..I believe..we are discouraged from chasing water trucks. The nasty water is merely an extra discouraging factor.

Even better...Without! Clean front...even dirtier back.

TomServo

Postby ygmir » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:16 am

TomServo wrote:
ygmir wrote:

Even better...Without! Clean front...even dirtier back.

yeah, the racing stripe is funny........but I like seeing the mud build up under the fenders, the bike come to a halt, and the rider be "huh? WTF?". I give them a screwdriver and explain the sticky mud and digging it out.....
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby BBadger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:17 am

Why would we want to further encourage dirty hippies to contaminate the playa by washing off the dirt they tracked in? At least with the non-potable water there is a possible negative incentive in doing that.

Anyway, those trucks are already and forever contaminated. Once non-potable water touches a vessel it can never qualify as a potable water carrier, because who knows what was in those trucks before? Stream or lake water? Treated waste water? Who knows? Putting disinfectants inside would only create a false sense of cleanliness in an otherwise non-guaranteed source. As the water would still be considered non-potable, no testing or certification would be required to ensure that the water meets clean standards, even for washing. Overall, creating expectations on the water could lead to extra liability that is not worth it just so a bunch of hippies can shower in dust-suppression sprays.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby bigbluedoggy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:57 am

Why on earth would a dirty hippy want to wash off their layer of protective filth? I suggest we are addressing the wrong group of truck chasers.
If everyone is special... no one is.

I do believe I will go to Burning Man...
bigbluedoggy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Postby TomServo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:28 am

bigbluedoggy wrote:Why on earth would a dirty hippy want to wash off their layer of protective filth? I suggest we are addressing the wrong group of truck chasers.

Heat makes people do silly things.

TomServo

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 am

And the people who chase water trucks aspire to be just mildly stupid enough to be merely silly.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Previous

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks