Liveacts/Shows/DJ's ???

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Liveacts/Shows/DJ's ???

Postby Orlesko » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey guys and gals :)

I was wondering if any of you have ever played at Burning Man before?
I totally think it would be possible, seeing that some people bring down there turntables/equipment. (Saying that because this will be my first burn)
I'm just curious if anyone on the forums has any info that they could share with me.

:) thank you!
Orlesko

Re: Liveacts/Shows/DJ's ???

Postby essjay » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:01 pm

There are DJs everywhere on the playa. The sound camps are run by scores of DJs. Most camps with a sound system will already have a DJ line-up in place, or it will be in a small camp for personal use. Don't expect that people will be dying to have you play - especially since they have not heard you. Try to make friends and suggest that you spin during conversation and you may work your way in somewhere.
essjay

Postby Lord Of Ruin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Orlesko wrote:Hey guys and gals :)

I totally think it would be possible, seeing that some people bring down there turntables/equipment. (Saying that because this will be my first burn)
I'm just curious if anyone on the forums has any info that they could share with me.

Funniest first post EVAR!

LoR
The fox provides for himself, but God provides for the lion - W. Blake (attribution corrected)
Lord Of Ruin

Burning Since: 2017

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Wow.. DJs this year? This will be quite a break from the norm of just hearing "strange instruments that come to you in dreams" according to Malcolm in the Middle.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Orlesko » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Lord Of Ruin wrote:
Orlesko wrote:Hey guys and gals :)

Funniest first post EVAR!

LoR

Guess I kinda asked for that one with that question.. shoulda had more info.

Question1. Do ANY of you on the forums know of anyone bringing down decks/mixer/PA/etc?
Question2. IF per say someone was to bring records down. MAKE SURE not to have them in direct sunlight, that's a given but what about the extreme temperature? Like +36/50*C is friggin hot.
Wouldn't the records just warp regardless? Maybe it the UV that initiates the vinyl bend but I'm still a tad worried if I were to bring em... would that just end up in a bad situation?
Orlesko

Postby Orlesko » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:32 pm

ALSO ...
Anyone on here a DJ?
What do you play?
How many times have you played at BurningMan?
Orlesko

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks