deep playa at night

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Re: deep playa at night

Postby RedHeaven » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:57 pm

I've discovered a unique place thats really quiet is on the outer ring of the city. Say, 8:00 and the last street or even 7:30....Way out there where there's not even really art or much lights, and hardly any vehicles. I like it in the daytime sometimes, just to be with the mountain ranges and some really chill camps. It makes me think that thats what its like to be there with just other campers, no "event". People in the camps are usually really kind and stoked that they have a visitor too so sometimes you get treated :)

But I love the Deep playa at night on my bike indeed. Its colder at night and hotter in the day out there. Some of my best adventure memories are out there or way back in the Burbs. Take a ride on I or J for awhile one night too, thats got its own allure.
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Re: deep playa at night

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:42 am

I like 10:00 or 2:00. It's on the edge, but it's not Esplenade. There's a sort of an abandoned, edge of the universe feeling there.
Good place to launch a deep playa expedition from, since there's little MV traffic or Oonz-ness for the most part.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Previous

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks