Stowaways!

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Re: Stowaways!

Postby capjbadger » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Eric wrote:
Minxy wrote:
MisaBlue wrote:It seems, we all work with Gate this year :D


Yarrr


Nope, I'll be slinging papers & cocktails. But I love y'all anyway! :lol:

And I'll be slinging lamps. Not that that will stop me from coming by the Black Hole to say hi. :mrgreen:

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
User avatar
capjbadger
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Horus' Left Armpit
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: Stowaways!

Postby yellfireinatheater » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:24 pm

Major Krash wrote:curious how this situation will be any different for someone with a forgery that they paid good money for (and are not knowingly trying to pass)...they will still have to be turned away (presumably along with the vehicle they came in...or else the same issues with lingerers/people dying of thirst at Gate will still happen)...??


this is something i was curious about. i've heard horror stories about fake tickets. a friend told me that he was buying a ticket off CL and met the guy in person, the ticket had a hologram and a receipt, but when he checked the confirmation code with BM it was a fake. So sad. :cry:
yellfireinatheater
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:31 pm
Location: West Denver
Burning Since: 2009

Re: Stowaways!

Postby capjbadger » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:29 pm

yellfireinatheater wrote:
Major Krash wrote:curious how this situation will be any different for someone with a forgery that they paid good money for (and are not knowingly trying to pass)...they will still have to be turned away (presumably along with the vehicle they came in...or else the same issues with lingerers/people dying of thirst at Gate will still happen)...??


this is something i was curious about. i've heard horror stories about fake tickets. a friend told me that he was buying a ticket off CL and met the guy in person, the ticket had a hologram and a receipt, but when he checked the confirmation code with BM it was a fake. So sad. :cry:

Was it embossed? :?

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
User avatar
capjbadger
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Horus' Left Armpit
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: Stowaways!

Postby izoflame » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:48 pm

[quote="capjbadger"][quote="Eric"][quote="Lord Of Ruin"]Also, a sign wouldn't help. If you didn't read your ticket, and you didn't read any email, and you didn't get raised by your parents properly to not steal, then I don't think a sign on the side of the road is gonna make you suddenly have a newsflash and mend your ways.[/quote]

[/quote]

Darn, too bad I'm not working Gate this year, decided to take a break and help with a theme camp instead. Wonder what this will do to the ticket stampede and attempts to sneak in next year. Hm, if I show up in last year's hoodie will they let me help on a shift or two? <grin>
izoflame
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:34 am

Re: Stowaways!

Postby Charlie Parker » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 am

This is my first time. I've decided that volunteering with the Lamplighters for a couple evenings sounds like my cup of tea for now. Next year I think I wanna work gate.
"Be the change you wanna see in the world."

"Bears are crazy, Willie. They'll bite your head if you wear steak on it."
User avatar
Charlie Parker
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:19 pm
Burning Since: 2011

Re: Stowaways!

Postby Elderberry » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:52 am

You'll enjoy lamp lighters. Lots of people giving cusps as you go about lighting the city. Plus you get a nice medallion as a souvenir.
Charlie Parker wrote:This is my first time. I've decided that volunteering with the Lamplighters for a couple evenings sounds like my cup of tea for now. Next year I think I wanna work gate.
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 12849
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Stowaways!

Postby capjbadger » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:33 am

jkisha wrote:You'll enjoy lamp lighters. Lots of people giving cusps as you go about lighting the city. Plus you get a nice medallion as a souvenir.
Charlie Parker wrote:This is my first time. I've decided that volunteering with the Lamplighters for a couple evenings sounds like my cup of tea for now. Next year I think I wanna work gate.

Of which I'm making this year... 8)
*cough*shameless plug*cough* ;)

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
User avatar
capjbadger
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Horus' Left Armpit
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: Stowaways!

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:35 pm

I've gone to TTITD for the past 12 years and have yet to see the lamplighters. I don't think they really exist. It just has to be a sham, just has to! Otherwise I'd of seem 'em.
User avatar
Dr. Pyro
 
Posts: 3970
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Location: Newcastle, CA
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Stowaways!

Postby Savannah » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:41 pm

I just pictured you wearing those cardstock 3-D glasses that turn light sources into smilies or hearts, but your pair renders everyone (Lamplighter, Law Enforcement Officer, Ygmir) as a Sparkle Magic Barbie. :shock:
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 11310
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Stowaways!

Postby unjonharley » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:59 pm

capjbadger wrote:
jkisha wrote:You'll enjoy lamp lighters. Lots of people giving cusps as you go about lighting the city. Plus you get a nice medallion as a souvenir.
Charlie Parker wrote:This is my first time. I've decided that volunteering with the Lamplighters for a couple evenings sounds like my cup of tea for now. Next year I think I wanna work gate.

Of which I'm making this year... 8)
*cough*shameless plug*cough* ;)

-Badger


What? the cup of tea
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 10009
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Re: Stowaways!

Postby capjbadger » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:I've gone to TTITD for the past 12 years and have yet to see the lamplighters. I don't think they really exist. It just has to be a sham, just has to! Otherwise I'd of seem 'em.

Helps if you get out of the back of your RV once in a while. ;)

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
User avatar
capjbadger
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Horus' Left Armpit
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: Stowaways!

Postby capjbadger » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:26 pm

unjonharley wrote:What? the cup of tea

Huh? No. The medallions you goofball. :P

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
User avatar
capjbadger
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Horus' Left Armpit
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: Stowaways!

Postby MisaBlue » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:27 pm

Savannah wrote:I just pictured you wearing those cardstock 3-D glasses that turn light sources into smilies or hearts, but your pair renders everyone (Lamplighter, Law Enforcement Officer, Ygmir) as a Sparkle Magic Barbie. :shock:


ha ha ha

Ygmir as Sparkle Magic Barbie...I wanna seeeeeeeeee
_______________________________________________________________________________
We please those who say it is impossible not to hinder those who are already doing it.
User avatar
MisaBlue
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Stowaways!

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:35 pm

MisaBlue wrote:
Savannah wrote:I just pictured you wearing those cardstock 3-D glasses that turn light sources into smilies or hearts, but your pair renders everyone (Lamplighter, Law Enforcement Officer, Ygmir) as a Sparkle Magic Barbie. :shock:


ha ha ha

Ygmir as Sparkle Magic Barbie...I wanna seeeeeeeeee


Oooooooooooh Misa let's do it!!!!!!!!! 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re: Stowaways!

Postby tamarakay » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
MisaBlue wrote:
Savannah wrote:I just pictured you wearing those cardstock 3-D glasses that turn light sources into smilies or hearts, but your pair renders everyone (Lamplighter, Law Enforcement Officer, Ygmir) as a Sparkle Magic Barbie. :shock:


ha ha ha

Ygmir as Sparkle Magic Barbie...I wanna seeeeeeeeee


Oooooooooooh Misa let's do it!!!!!!!!! 8)


I have some simply fabulous eyelashes we can use for this art project!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit


http://www.dyewithdignity.com
User avatar
tamarakay
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Texas
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Stowaways!

Postby MisaBlue » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Done, so we just have to hunt him down and make him sparkle :mrgreen:
_______________________________________________________________________________
We please those who say it is impossible not to hinder those who are already doing it.
User avatar
MisaBlue
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Stowaways!

Postby MyDearFriend » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:47 pm

I think Ygmir's camp will be very easy to find!!! :D
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re: Stowaways!

Postby CapSmashy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Ygmir needs to sparkle?

We do have a drag queen in Terminal City that does fabulous make-up...
Playawaste Raiders cordially invites you to suck it.
User avatar
CapSmashy
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Awesome Camp 2.0
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Terminal City://404 Village Not Found

Re: Stowaways!

Postby Savannah » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:47 pm

CapSmashy wrote:Ygmir needs to sparkle?

We do have a drag queen in Terminal City that does fabulous make-up...


I was going to offer my moderate facility with makeup, but no one can top a drag queen. So to speak.

Let's discuss this at length, quick--before Ygmir finds it, and ruins everything!
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 11310
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Stowaways!

Postby tamarakay » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Maybe the drag queen friend could help us find some really really large shoes? I'm just saying he look rather large in his pictures.
oh! I have a big purple tutu? or is that too over the top?
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit


http://www.dyewithdignity.com
User avatar
tamarakay
 
Posts: 2625
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Texas
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Re: Stowaways!

Postby Minxy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Savannah wrote:
CapSmashy wrote:Ygmir needs to sparkle?

We do have a drag queen in Terminal City that does fabulous make-up...


I was going to offer my moderate facility with makeup, but no one can top a drag queen. So to speak.

Let's discuss this at length, quick--before Ygmir finds it, and ruins everything!


Ygmir is out of internet range until Monday...we have free range to arrange his life as we see fit. MuahahahaHA! 8)
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
User avatar
Minxy
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:10 am
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: Stowaways!

Postby Eric » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Wonder where we could find someone with makeup who could get real close before he suspected anything....

Where's Misa?
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8382
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Stowaways!

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:09 am

tamarakay wrote:Maybe the drag queen friend could help us find some really really large shoes? I'm just saying he look rather large in his pictures.
oh! I have a big purple tutu? or is that too over the top?


Purple tutu sounds great! I'm sure I could create a purple sparklemagic brassiere that would fit around his mighty viking pecs. 8) Does anybody have a wig to contribute? All the best sparklemagic playpals have combable hair, you know... :lol:

And where is Misa, hmmm???
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
User avatar
MyDearFriend
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:22 am
Location: Washington, DC
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re: Stowaways!

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:13 am

I see a new avatar picture in Yg's future.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
User avatar
FIGJAM
 
Posts: 8571
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: Stowaways!

Postby Minxy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:28 am

Hahahahahaha!
"If I moop your head, I shall be very displeased." - Savannah
User avatar
Minxy
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:10 am
Location: Vallejo, CA

Re: Stowaways!

Postby A Jester » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:14 am

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hit up some on playa training to at least work some gayte on sunday/monday. Seems likely there will be quite a need this year.
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Stowaways!

Postby Rice » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:32 am

A Jester wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hit up some on playa training to at least work some gayte on sunday/monday. Seems likely there will be quite a need this year.

Have you registered??

Rice
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
User avatar
Rice
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Location: da
Burning Since: 2007

Re: Stowaways!

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:34 am

Are there any stats on how many people Gate has found in past years?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39928
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Stowaways!

Postby Rice » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:36 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Are there any stats on how many people Gate has found in past years?


Typically that info is not released...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
User avatar
Rice
 
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Location: da
Burning Since: 2007

Re: Stowaways!

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:46 am

I'm not surprised, just curious.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39928
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests