Single mama, virgin burner, dreading having second thoughts

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Postby graidawg » Tue May 10, 2011 11:27 am

oh one other thing, from my experience stay on here, chat, post on the threads and get to know the eplayans, that will make going a bit less scary and even more like going home to meet old friends. Many of the people here are teh finest honourable upstanding people you can hope to meet and will help you in so many ways you havent even thought of yet
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby elKay » Tue May 10, 2011 11:48 am

AntiM wrote:
elKay wrote:
AntiM wrote:So, Elkay, when will be your year? Do you know, or will it jump out on you one day?
Our tickets are on the fridge.

Make a note to drop by my Home for Wayward Art and adopt a piece of art. This year promises some interesting selections.
Will do- if we make it.
Gen ov eve wrote:@Elkay, I personally do not think his world would completely end
Nope, I don't think so either.
elKay

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Gen ov eve » Tue May 10, 2011 12:07 pm

I feel so much better now, thank you ALL, you are truly beautiful. <333
Gen ov eve

Postby The CO » Tue May 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Elliot wrote:When you return from an absence, don't make a big teary reunion of it -- and not a scary goodbye when you leave either. Let it seem normal and no-big-deal. That way it will be normal and no-big-deal to Junior also. Kids react as much to our emotions as to the actual situation.

+1000 internets!
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Re: Single mama, virgin burner, dreading having second thoug

Postby Gen ov eve » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:48 pm

I should update this. Everything worked out more perfect that I'd ever imagined it could. The biobus ride to and from the burn was beautiful, the stop at Pyramid Lake on the way to it, watching the Sunday night traffic line all the way back there all night long, clear, starry sky and milky way above... my last phone call to my son in the line to get in. I was finally able to call my son via satellite phone in the middle of the week (which was an awesome experience by the way - a guy at camp 555, had a silly story about this antique payphone that his bazillionaire friend form thailand lent him, that calls are very expensive, that I should pick up the phone and dial, and just wait, so I did, and nothing happened, until he put his satellite cell phone on my other ear), and my son was SO happy in the background, and he said hi to me on the phone (he never says hi, he usually just stares at it like it's going to do something) I did miss him incredibly until that moment. It was Wednesday when I really fell into the spirit of the adventure, and suddenly I wasn't lonely anymore. There is so much I have to say about everything but I've been so busy, and it is late. I felt the need to put this update here, and say, if you are a parent, and feel the need for this, do it! Manifest it! This is an adventure worthwhile if you need that personal experience away from the world, away from your normal life, away from the chaos, and needing that time to find yourself again. This is it. My son is my world - did I want to be away from him that long? NO! Was it worth it though? Yes! He got to spend amazing quality time with his family, I got to spend amazing quality time with many, many like-minded individuals, and find healing in that, and everything that makes the burn. I will be back next year. My son will join me when he can ride a bike and his verbal and thinking skills are more developed. Big love!
Gen ov eve

Postby lucky420 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:33 am

YAY, so glad you had a wonderful time...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby Packoderm » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:58 am

lucky420 wrote:YAY, so glad you had a wonderful time...

Me too.
(currently Zeke Chaparral)
Packoderm

Previous

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks