Face makeup

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Face makeup

Postby consumer » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:59 pm

This year at the burn (and in my life) was the first time I've used full face make-up. I actually shaved my entire head and beard skin-bald out on the playa and then completely covered my head in white clown make up one night, and all blue body-type paint the next. Compared to masks/helmets/hats that I've made in previous years, this is a lot easier to deal with. It felt as though I had nothing on.

It comes off very easily with just water if you buy the pro-stuff from a costume shop.
consumer

Face Makeup

Postby jiri » Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:09 am

I was browsing around at Michael's Art Supply in Oakland and found some very affordable black light face/body paint. it was easy to apply, came off easily with baby wipes and looked great! Highly recommended.
jiri

Postby PetsUntilEaten » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:52 am

I have always thought that some small stencils would really expediate face & body painting & give you that detail that so many have trouble sitting still for.
PetsUntilEaten

Postby foamin' at the mouth » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:05 am

PetsUntilEaten wrote:I have always thought that some small stencils would really expediate face & body painting & give you that detail that so many have trouble sitting still for.

I wonder if you could use those paper stencils that mehndi artists use. That might be worth an experiment.
I often heard the sorrel nag (who always loved me) crying out, ..."Take care of thyself, gentle Yahoo."
foamin' at the mouth

Location: that fishing village designed by interior decorators

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks