buying tix online....

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Maybe a little too much smoke?

Postby TheDude » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:26 pm

"and I went through the buying procedure about 10 times....... only to check my account online tonight to see that it charged my account all 9 times. "

I was thinking if this were me, I'd buy my tix and then think, "Oh Yah, I need to get Burning Man tix." And then think, "Oh Yah, I need to get Burning Man Tix." But 10 times?
Because moderation is better than just saying no!
TheDude

Postby poeticphoto » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:43 pm

lol. It wasn't like that... I only made the transaction 10 times because the box that poped up told me to do it over if there was no confirmation email, which there never was until the last one. I was scared of not getting my tickets... It was a mistake that had to be made. I'm still on the phone betwwen these people and my bank. erggg.
poeticphoto

Postby poeticphoto » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:16 pm

I've been told everything's cleared now except for the wait. And I must say the lady from Inhouse was MUCH nicer than anyone I talked to from my bank. Goes to show that people around here really need to get out more. :x Grouches.
poeticphoto

Postby Ivy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:01 am

Question:

Have people who submitted email concerns through the link page hard back yet? From reading over the posts it sounds liek some people have--but I haven't heard yet.
I don't want to be annoying and send 14, 000 emails, and clearly some people's concerns outweigh mine (being charges 10 times? yikes!) and take precedence, but I haven't heard squat, not even an automated "thanks for your patience, our next available operator will be with you shortly" email.
Should I be concerned or is it just going to take a while to get through everyone?
Ivy

Postby poeticphoto » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:21 pm

How long has it been? ...I sent one of those emails before I called INhouse too and it took about 2 or 3 days for them to reply... The reply wasn't much help though. What is your problem?
poeticphoto

Postby Ivy » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:13 am

It's been almost a week--I sent the thing Tuesday or Wednesday.

They debited my money and I have a registration #, but when i log in with my email address to try to get a confirmation email sent to me (since I never got one), it tells me there is no record of my transaction.

It's probably not a big deal, but I think you can understand why I'm a litle concerned--my money's gone but if they have "no record" of my transaction then how can they send me a ticket? not making a lot of sense to me.
Ivy

Postby Menehune » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:44 am

Call InHouse (Steve) @ 415-381-2967. It's been a week since we last spoke with them and we don't expect to receive any tickets for at least two weeks. More then likely someone will have to review all transactions since there were multiple unauthorized debits.

Their email confirmation system had some issues early on. InHouse will honor all purchases with a confirmation number. So if you printed your confirmation give them a call.
:D
Menehune

Postby scrubby » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:17 pm

Hi everyone. I purchased my tix through paypal on March 2nd and recieved a confirmation number that day. I opted to have them sent via snailmail. Before I harrass the folks in the know, since I'm sure they're still feeling overwhelmed with requests for info, has anyone actually recieved thier tickets? Should I expect a VERY long wait? I'm feeling ancy to have them in my hot little hands.
scrubby

Postby Menehune » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:52 pm

Opinion.....

Upon reading this thread.... the question needs to be asked.....

Did Inhouse really sell out of $165.00 & $185.00 tickets?
Loves to share.... But does not play well with others....
Menehune

Postby Alpha » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:57 pm

Menehune wrote:Did Inhouse really sell out of $165.00 & $185.00 tickets?

Uh... what in this thread makes you think that they did not?
Alpha

Postby Menehune » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:29 pm

Opinion…..

Timeline…. within the first 10 hours the announcement is made… $165.00 solid out and then within the same day all $185.00 are gone.

However, on March 2nd people started to post information regarding their accounts being debit more then once… I personally spoke with InHouse regarding this issue since my account was debit more then once. InHouse would now have to look at the data on their server and wait to see what their banking information had regarding debiting account more than once. In my opinion, this issue with debiting accounts is causing the delay of the tickets being sent……

But then again this is just my opinion……….
Menehune

Postby PurpleKoosh » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:47 pm

Menehune wrote:Opinion.....

Upon reading this thread.... the question needs to be asked.....

Did Inhouse really sell out of $165.00 & $185.00 tickets?

Yes, there were multiple accounts debited multiple times. But there were also people who got confirmation numbers on the website who didn't get confirmation emails, and you yourself posted
InHouse will honor all purchases with a confirmation number.

I'm willing to wager that the numbers balance fairly closely.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
PurpleKoosh

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby Menehune » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:09 pm

I would not be surprised if next year Burning Man LLC goes with a lottery for sales of their $165.00 & $185.00 tickets.
Menehune

Postby Badger » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:44 pm

I would not be surprised if next year Burning Man LLC goes with a lottery for sales of their $165.00 & $185.00 tickets.

I would.

I'd be very surprised.
Desert dogs drink deep.

Badger

Postby Blenderhead » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:21 pm

I wonder if I'm the only person in the whole wide world (WWW) that has seen an internet company promise to deliver on a project that was totally beyond their capacity or understanding, not to mention their technological capability.

I feel so alone. SO alone.
Blenderhead

Postby Alpha » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:00 am

Blenderhead wrote:I wonder if I'm the only person in the whole wide world (WWW) that has seen an internet company promise to deliver on a project that was totally beyond their capacity or understanding, not to mention their technological capability.

Heh.. except those of us who have lived that nightmare from the inside. :-)
Alpha

Postby III » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:49 am

no shit alpha. no shit.

(though i thought those days went away when the tech bubble burst. recent stories i've heard seem to point to the fact that there are suckers that miss the old days...)
III

Postby stuart » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:39 pm

the only thing my wife misses about those bad old days is that she missed out on some of the cash.
stuart

Previous

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks