buying tix online....

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Never Thought I Would Get Mine

Postby MusicVixen » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:33 am

YEAH!!! It only took 2.5 hours. :evil: I think they're going to need to do some server work before the next time they try this.

I hope everyone else is able to get through!! Looking forward to this year's journey!! :D

Postby poeticphoto » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:34 am

No one else is still having problems? I've done it three times all the way through and the 2-5 second box still won't go away for me. I want my tickets so I can go to sleep. :(

Postby poeticphoto » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:22 am

Okay so it took me 3 hours and 15 mins to get mine, but I finially did it... I guess all my computer needed was a quick reboot. What a relief. I have a headache and I have both work and school tomorrow on only an hour of sleep! What sacrifices we make, huh? :P Night everyone.

Postby Jenn_BigPuffyYellowCamp » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:19 am

I finally got in and purchased tickets at the 165 level but it would just timeout on paypal, i finally did it via wire transfer (checking) but then the 2-5 second window just froze. Then the confirming email came back but said "Your order is pending approval from your bank. You will be notified by email if your order gets cancelled" AAAARRRRRGGGGGG
Big Puffy Yellow Camp
a Burning Man theme camp

Postby hageymon » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:15 am

Postby quadprincess » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:40 am

This ticket purchasing episodes proves one thing to be true..

..someone should've beta tested the site..

I received soo many run-time errors at 9:30 EST this morning, it's not funny. But at least I was able to get a ticket. Some of my friends here on the East Coast stayed/woke up at 3:00am to purchase tickets and they had many issues.. Some went back to bed, after 45 minutes.. others stayed up until they could get their ticket (hours later).

sad stuff..
President and $ocialite,
The Beaucoup Bucks Camp
Black Rock City, NV
"In money we burn.."

Postby DangerMouse » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:44 am

Worked for me just fine at 9:30 Central.
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Bacon Lube - The 8th Food Group

Postby III » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:36 am

>>should've beta tested the site..

i'm sure they did.

Postby dj_john69 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:45 am

I ended up finally getting my tix at problems then.

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Root Society & Apex

Postby Sandwichman » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:47 am

Damn I had my paypal account debited but when I hit confirm the page timed out and would not let me reload it or go backwards to try again. So no confirmation email for me and I am minus the money. I hope the customer support gets back to me soon. I cannot afford to pay for another ticket. Anyone have the same problem or have advice?

Sandwich "Very tired and still not sure if he has his ticket" man
oonsa oonsa for your feets click here

Postby Zulegoona » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:31 am

Ok so I couldn't start trying buy my ticket till 2am central time after a lot of "page can not be displayed" and "can't find page" I got up to the conformation point finally then didn't get my order confirmed, go back try again, did that and got " duplicate order " but still no conformation so I figured there was a backlog and gave up and went to bed at 5am after calling in sick to work. Got up at 10 checked my bank account , No transaction registered, and no conformation in the e-mail box, so I just got in and purchased my ticket at the $191.25 level.

It has not been a pleasant experience, but it's done ( at least one if not more than once depending on weather the other attempts end up finally going threw or not ).

All in all, I would guess it is better than not knowing what your tickets were going to cost like it sounds like it's been in the past.

How about starting sales at noon California time on a Sunday next year. I can't imagine there is $20 dollars worth of pain and suffering and fees from the credit card companies to warrant not taking cards at the lowest level.

Any one else have the Black rock ticket flew today?

1 hour to burn

Postby lennyjones » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:39 am

I started at midnight finally got it finished by 1am on a slow ass dial up using a Mac/Safari browser. IE never even got to the ticket page. The Routing # service never worked for me so I switched to Paypal since I figured they could handle the traffic.

looks like $165 is now sold out... that was fast!

Postby iamtonynyc » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:41 am

i woke up two hours after they went on sale and got through on the first try w/ no errors, not even one. it was slow, but every page loaded fine. im a happy customer. :D

Fees ,fee switcheroo.

Postby Jesus » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:43 am

Gave up, got tickets this AM, 185++.

And what's with the fee switcheroo?
What's $6.25 compared to nearly 200, but
says the fee is $2.75 each ticket, while it morphed to $3.75 on the final page.
Obviously, whatever beta testing was done wasn't very thorough.
Not to mention that 185 is not 191.25.

Still those fees shoulda the purchase process less painful than previous years. I guess for many it will/did.
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco//SF, CA

Postby stuart » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:25 am

sure am happy i decided not to embark on that rather predictable madness last night. Got to work, loaded the page, bought my ticket, no problem (except for my dumb ass dyslexic typo entering my card number).

Re: Ticket buying secret

Postby PurpleKoosh » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:22 pm

Plaid wrote:If you are on a PC, use netscape. I don't know why... I've been trying on IE for 2 hours... but in a last-chance try before I gave up and went to bed, I tried netscape. It gives you error messages instead of error pages, and makes it easier to hit submit over and over... I got in on my third try, and went all the way.

F*cking damn unprepared server grumble grumble.

Tired Plaid

Got mine in 15 minutes last night using Mozilla 1.6 - I feel almost guilty....
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Re: Fees ,fee switcheroo.

Postby PurpleKoosh » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:33 pm

Jesus wrote:Gave up, got tickets this AM, 185++.

And what's with the fee switcheroo?
What's $6.25 compared to nearly 200, but
says the fee is $2.75 each ticket, while it morphed to $3.75 on the final page.

The large print giveth, Yeshua, and the small print taketh away.... In the gray bar below the ticket prices, it says "A $1 processing fee will be added to each order." So it's $3.75 for one, $6.50 for two, etc.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Postby precipitate » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:09 pm

What up with charging me $3.50 to hold my ticket at Will Call? Hmmm?
Location: Somewhere near an ocean and a desert and a mountain

Postby djaded » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:34 pm

does anyone know about what time the $165 tix sold out?
It's those Swedes again....get the hose.

Postby III » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:37 pm

somewhere right between 7:30 & 8:30 am pst today.

Postby admin » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:28 pm

We have heard from participants that they have had trouble purchasing tickets online in the wee hours of the morning today. InHouse (the folks who manage our online ticketing) has been working to catch up on incomplete orders and respond to customer needs.

We'll be posting a Jack Rabbit Speaks by 6 pm or so today with further
instructions and information for people. Please watch your inbox or check out the Burning Man home page for updates.

If you are trying to find out the status of your order, please go through the [url=
]ticketing interface[/url], as requests are being taken care of from that point.

Duplicate requests are bogging Inhouse and Burning Man office Ticket staff down. We need to focus the requests into one direction, and people need to be patient. Think of it as the digital equivalent of the Sunday exodus: we know you all want to go home. We will, eventually, get you there.

Like last year, we ARE taking the glitches into consideration and doing
everything we can to satisfy the needs of our participants. We are confident that people will ultimately be satisfied with the results they receive, it'll just take time.

All $165 tickets are sold out. By the time this reaches you, we'll have less
than 300 tickets at $185 available...those are expected to be gone within about an an hour. (by, oh, approx. 5:30 PM, PST).

Again, please watch the home page under "News" and your inbox for the JRS for more ticket updates.

We appreciate everyone's patience.
Site Admin

Postby susie stalker » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:46 pm

I got my $165 ticket this morning at 7:30 est with no problems or slow page loading. YAY! See you all out there! :D
susie stalker

Postby Larissa » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:31 pm

How safe is it to go with the Regular Mail option? Anyone ever had their tickets lost in the mail?

Postby depros » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:40 am

I never buy tix online. Why should I when I can just pick them off my dog for free? Silly people.

Postby poeticphoto » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:46 pm

So I was all happy about getting my tickets even though it took me 3 hours to do so and I went through the buying procedure about 10 times....... only to check my account online tonight to see that it charged my account all 9 times. I'm $2000 and something overdrawn.... I'm not too worried considering how the company who did the ticket selling sent emails and such appologizing for the problems and that the mess ups will be cleared within 24-78 hours. But I'm a little confused...... am I the only one this happened to? Anyone else out there being charged for more tickets than you bought? I only got one confirmation email. My checking account got charged 9 times. Is this one of the 'mess ups' they're talking about that will be cleared up in 24-78 hours? Regardless, I'm getting in touch with the bank asap. Go check your accounts people.

Postby bushonk » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:33 am

so with charges like that, does that open up the possibility of 165ers being available? I've already bought in at 185, but I know some friends that could really use the extra 20 bones to keep flesh on their bones prior to the burn...

Postby poeticphoto » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:52 pm

Unfortunately... hopefully not. If I were to get stuck with 18 tickets then I'd definitely be selling some, but I'm in the process of getting them removed. Between Inhouse and my bank I'm sure it can be resolved. I'm under the impression that it's just going to take a few days. As of now they've frozen my account because of the overdraw. This sucks seeing as how I need to pay my insurance soon. I can't believe no one else is replying saying they've incountered the same problem. Is anyone out there? I feel so alone. I've read all the help pages concerning Inhouse and the ticket problems... seems like it's happened to everyone that tried over and over to get that confirmation email. And the other problem looks like the people who only made one transaction and never got a confirmation email that they'll be getting their $165 tickets too. Good for them.... it just stinks for us suckers who stayed up for 3 hours waiting for the email. If I were selling the tickets I'd have to do it for $175 because of the overdrawn fee for my account. I wish this would all go away. I just wanted my tickets with no problems... :( Hopefully this will all be magically washed away soon though, so I'll have my 2 tickets, and I can be happy, and that's it.

Postby unjonharley » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:11 pm

I know it is to late to be telling you this. But! My bank set me up with a acount just to deal with internet sales. It is a reguler card that i put just enough money in to pay for what i'm buying. Add ten$ just keep it alive. Thats all the money the sales can get.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Over Drafts

Postby Menehune » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:14 pm

Had that same problem with multiple debits (3) and call InHouse (Steve) @ 415-381-2967. Spoke with Bank of Hawaii and explained the situation and received a credit for the over drafts.

Postby poeticphoto » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:23 pm

Thank you Menehune, I'll do the same tomorrow. I called my bank and the guy helping seemed to not get it or else he was just an asshole. I knew I wasn't the only one with this problem! Thank you for replying. They had to freeze my account because of all this.

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks