Thank you for the clarification. I was incorrect. I really am a freaking old man...:
"NRS 205.0835 Penalties.
1. Unless a greater penalty is imposed by a specific statute and unless the provisions of NRS 205.08345 apply under the circumstances, a person who commits theft in violation of any provision of NRS 205.0821 to 205.0835, inclusive, shall be punished pursuant to the provisions of this section.
2. If the value of the property or services involved in the theft is less than $250, the person who committed the theft is guilty of a misdemeanor.
3. If the value of the property or services involved in the theft is $250 or more but less than $2,500, the person who committed the theft is guilty of a category C felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.
4. If the value of the property or services involved in the theft is $2,500 or more, the person who committed the theft is guilty of a category B felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 10 years, and by a fine of not more than $10,000.
5. In addition to any other penalty, the court shall order the person who committed the theft to pay restitution.
(Added to NRS by 1989, 1205; A 1995, 1216; 1997, 340; 2007, 683)"
A custom mountain bike would most probably be worth more than 250 bucks. All my bikes are now each worth at least 252 bucks.
I was just thinking about the old days in Nevada. If you tried to steal a man's ride (horse) the owner could shot you dead and noone would say a word. It was a matter of life and death back then. But that was then and this is now...too bad. And 100 bucks was a lot of money...
Burning Man is an exercise—indeed, a challenge—in balancing cooperation, self-reliance, individual expression, and creative collaboration in the formation of an artistic community. E. Britannica