I want to be a Fire Dancer when I grow up!

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

I want to be a Fire Dancer when I grow up!

Postby Lorgasm » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:37 am

I am seeking some guidance from a fire dancer who can direct me (to the light if you will). I would like to learn this amazing art. I am currently learning belly dancing yet I still feel a sense of emptiness. For my past 2 burns, I have marveled by your dances. I live in an area where I can practice with fire, tennis balls, etc. Please be my mentor. Where does one acquire the "tools"? Any feedback will be appreciated. I am ready to learn!

Thank you and Peace,
Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby buttercup » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:27 am

Me TOO! I just moved to the SF and I remember reading somewhere that there was a group that practiced but I can't remember where I read it or anything else.

Lorgasm- a search for earlier information brought up this site www.homeofpoi.com where you might find something useful.

If anyone knows a group that is willing to help beginners please spread the word!!
buttercup

Postby buttercup » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:27 am

Me TOO! I just moved to the SF and I remember reading somewhere that there was a group that practiced but I can't remember where I read it or anything else.

Lorgasm- a search for earlier information brought up this site www.homeofpoi.com where you might find something useful.

If anyone knows a group that is willing to help beginners please spread the word!!
buttercup

Postby Lorgasm » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:52 am

Buttercup,

Thank you for your insight and guidance. How do you like SF? I live in the Tampa Bay area. Can't wait to dance this year during Burningman. I will keep you posted if I hear of anything that could help us both.

You're Awsome!

Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Postby Ivy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:45 pm

This doesn't help the fire part, but there is a list for belly dancers at BM:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/burningbellies/
Ivy

Postby Lorgasm » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:57 am

Thank you Ivy.
I appreciate your input at support. Are you going to BM this year? I will make you proud!!! :)

Enjoy your day!
BOOBIES!!!
Lorgasm

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks