Installation idea

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Installation idea

Postby The DubJunglist » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:48 pm

ok, so 2004 this will be my second year and my first installation or even piece of playa art at all. I'm open to all kinds of ideas and suggestions about this. I want it to be in the tradition of those models of dinosaaur skeletons that you can build out of wood. The idea is for it to be a bunch plywood shapes that can be put together and arrnged to look like a tree. It would be about 15' tall with larger pieces for the trunk, smaller ones for the branches and even smaller ones for the foliage. the concept is, of course, to burn it at the end. Optimally I would like to have it topple over and make a big hubbub when it crashes. The question of playa scarrage comes up and, short of getting a 25'x25' kevlar tarp (which I really can't afford) I was wondering if anyone had ideas.
so, very enthusiastically waiting for replies, I thank you for taking the time to read my post.
The DubJunglist

Postby Chai Guy » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:58 pm

This is "Newbie Information & Questions".

Try posting "re: preventing burn scars on the playa" under the "New Art Ideas" or "Art on the Playa" topic areas -- noting that for whatever reason, the eplaya designers titled it "Themecamps & Art Installations" on the index page.

(Chai Guy channeling Bob)
Chai Guy

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks