BM Tickets

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

BM Tickets

Postby swaa » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:24 am

Does the ticket give you access to all the events at burning man? I want an all access pass that i heard of
Last edited by swaa on Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
swaa

Postby unjonharley » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:23 am

Ther is only " one event " It last for 7 days 24 hours a day. The only problem is, you will not have time to take it all in. Man has to sleep on and then.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.
unjonharley

Postby ronski » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:53 am

Your ticket gets you into the event, and everything officially provided. Since most of the events and theme camps are done by individuals or groups it's up to them whether you get to participate.

Where did you hear of this "all-access pass"?
ronski

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:53 pm

Amen. Try going into Gigsville [official motto: "We're all assholes here!"] when they are having the Great Canadian Beaver Eating Contest as a single male, and you'll be run out on a rail. Even if you have a date of the opposite sex, you'll probably be treated like shit and told to leave. Now, personally I don't think all Gigsvillians are assholes, and that might be a theme to keep others from wanting to join their camp, but if you're looking for inclusion, look most anywhere else. Your ticket will not get you into their little ghetto.
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby ronski » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:44 pm

Dr P:

Exactly the sort of example I was thinking of. I'd like to know where swaa heard this; sounds like someone was stringing him along. Like that phoney Travelocity listing for a custom BM package with catered meals and reserved seating at the burn.

Probably the only "all access" guarantee would be to be Larry Harvey. Or an attractive unattached bisexual woman (although I don't know if that would get you in Jiffy Lube?)
ronski

Postby III » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:44 pm

>>you'll be run out on a rail.

doc, that was just you, and only because you're a frat boy.

you're gonna have to learn to live with the mistakes you made in your youth.
III

Postby Dr. Pyro » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:36 pm

It wasn't a mistake Trey. I did it on purpose!
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby technopatra » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:59 pm

There's a guy who makes "All Access" laminates every year, that may be the cause of some confusion.

It's a joke hon - there is no all access, there is no backstage. There are public and private areas, that's all.
technopatra

Dum De Dum Dum Dum...

Postby Last Real Burner » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:01 pm

Hey, Why don't you just make you're own, and make a bunch to give out to friends and just plain ol' gift them to people you don't know. Just a thought.

accessably,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".
Last Real Burner

Gigsville

Postby Icepack » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:10 pm

I've met some folks from Gigsville, off-playa, and they were very cool. Maybe being an asshole was part of their art?

Now about this Great Canadian Beaver Eating Contest- What was that?

Dr. Pyro wrote:Amen. Try going into Gigsville [official motto: "We're all assholes here!"] when they are having the Great Canadian Beaver Eating Contest as a single male, and you'll be run out on a rail. Even if you have a date of the opposite sex, you'll probably be treated like shit and told to leave. Now, personally I don't think all Gigsvillians are assholes, and that might be a theme to keep others from wanting to join their camp, but if you're looking for inclusion, look most anywhere else. Your ticket will not get you into their little ghetto.
Icepack

gigsville & canadian beavers

Postby serendipity » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:44 pm

aahhh one of my fondest burn memories... my 3 partners and i *came* in third in this most excellent contest. whatever your role is, being part of eating beaver is fun times for all. and you get prizes! i love the kids at gigsville...
serendipity

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks