where do you shop?

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

where do you shop?

Postby Juju » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:12 pm

One of my roommates is from Grass Valley, so she gave us the scoop on Raleys grocery stores. We hit up one in Carson City for our produce, and I now know where I'll be shopping for my last minute cold stuff. It was nicer than Pavillions, yet lower priced than Whole Foods. I'll never visit that Albertsons in Reno again.

So, on your way up, where do you shop?
"doin' it for the midgets"
Juju

Postby Kinetic » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:58 pm

I've had bad experiences with Albertsons and both the Raleys in Winnemucca and one I stopped at on the North side of Reno were good.

On the way back I could only find Safeway and I fell in love with their chocolate truffles. Very addicting stuff.
Kinetic

Postby diane o'thirst » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:40 pm

We got two that we hit every year: Reno Winco and the Scolari's on Pyramid Way on the way back. The general food run is done at Winco and we stop at Scolari's for water and dry ice.

Next year it's gonna be different because we're going decentralized for meals. Myself, I bring artesian water down from Eugene and I'll probably hit the Reno Whole Foods because I like organic and gourmet ingredients, which neither Winco nor Scolari's have. You can't get ostrich burgers at Winco and I haven't seen chanterelles or provolone there, either. I'll probably stick with Scolari's for my dry ice, though, and get things like shelf-stable milk at Costco. Thinking about hitting HD for a rosemary bush and have fresh rosemary and a (small) greywater solution out there :)
ImageImageImage
diane o'thirst

Postby PetsUntilEaten » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:00 pm

Costco Reno - flats of tomatoes, mangos, bluberries, etc. - lasts all week
(unlike the much loved but rotting organics)
Tecate beer / Vodka / cranberry juice /
massive bag of shredded cheese

Trader Joes Reno

Frozen food from home

Kmart Reno for random stuff
PetsUntilEaten

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks