How To Make It Home Alive Without MOOP Guilt

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

How To Make It Home Alive Without MOOP Guilt

Postby arthurz » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:04 pm

Dear Burners:

When I made it through the huge afterburn traffic jam on Monday and got out to the highway, I found two huge unexpected problems that I hope you will all help solve in 04:

1) Huge piles of MOOP all over the road that could only have come from "us". Soon we saw a bag full of garbage fly off an SUV's roof and explode on the road, causing the SUV following to swerve and nearly overturn. Does LNT end when we leave the Playa? Until the day a huge trash can magically appears at the exit to BRC, keep your MOOP in your car!

2) All the way to 80, a continuous stream of vehicles was passing on the left, even when the traffic on the right was moving at 60. When there are so many cars in the left lane that there is not enough room for them all to squeeze into the right lane safely to avoid an oncoming vehicle, it is totally insane to pass no matter how much of a rush you are in. I missed my plane, but I would rather be safe and late than risk never seeing my family again - the people on the left stole that choice from me, and they had no right.

Is there a way we can all discourage this behavior without more cops, such as telling people it will take 5-6 hours to get to Reno airport in the survival guide, and making it clear how dangerous, un-cool, and useless it is to pass on 427? I suggest that everyone take it slow in 04 to enjoy the afterglow with all the fellow burners on the road, and stop at every store to make a few last dusty friends.

I also hope all fellow burners will join me next year in assuming that those MOOPing the road and passing madly on the left are spectators rushing their titty vids home to play with, and just give them the finger and honk every time they pass you...

Thank you,

Arthur
We live there a week and it lives with us forever
arthurz

Postby _tears_ » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:28 pm

I do happen to agree with you. I stoped twice and picked up come random MOOP i saw, i didnt have A LOT of room left after jamming my car with my own moop, but i tryed my best.

:roll: ---TEARS--- :roll:

Tears 2003, 2004

The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
_tears_

MOOP

Postby sandi » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:52 pm

Alas I didn't pick up any MOOP off the road but I didn't leave any either. ALL the stuff I roped onto my truck made it ALL the way home (east bay, CA). Next year I plan to bring an empty (or nearly empty) horse trailer. My, the fun we can have with that!!
Sandi
sandi

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks