Water truck

Questions, answers, tips & tricks for newbies and veterans alike

Water truck

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:54 pm

I heard that the water truck was filling RVs with potable water this year, for a nominal fee. Is that true? Do they fill other water containers?

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:08 am

Yes and no. It's not the DPW street-watering truck that has the potable water for RVs, it's a private company and the fee is pretty phe-nominal! It's usually around $50 but I've seen them up it to $75 on the last few days, and it's a similar charge to pump out your holding tank. Not really too bad a deal considering where on earth we are at the time. You can go to playa info by center camp to find out where to sign up (I think you do that between about 11:00 & 1:00 during the day) and have cash when the truck shows up. They need to get their truck within ... I think it's about 30 feet to your rig, so don't bury it in the middle of a crowded theme camp. And use RV or marine type toilet paper or you might plug up their pump. I haven't used them for a few years but that was pretty much the deal as I recall...
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby talisen » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:25 pm

I was wondering about that. I've seen the info that shows RV's can get this type of service, but its nice to see it confirmed.
talisen

Return to Q & A Tips and Tricks