Found: Univega Rover Sport MTB

Found: Univega Rover Sport MTB

Postby WiggleRoom » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Dark blue Univega Rover Sport, found in a pile of crappy abandoned bikes near our camp on Tuesday post-burn, this one looked like someone would actually be missing it so I decided to take it home and try to find the owner (lost and found doesn't accept bikes, apparently).

Tell me about the components on it so I know it's yours and I'll try to find a way to get it back to you.
WiggleRoom

Burning Since: 2005

Re: Found: Univega Rover Sport MTB

Postby kickstanddpw » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:39 am

Not cool. Don't take bikes from the bike piles if they are not yours.

Please do take your bikes though. Last year there were 2200 bikes left behind. We are tired of picking up your moop.

Lock your bikes securely like you would do in any city of 50,000 and take your bikes home. All of them. A bike is a big trace. You are not doing anyone a favor. It is not a donation or gift, no matter how awesome you think it is.

Kickstand
DPW Yellow Bike Project Manager
Black Rock City, NV
kickstanddpw

Camp Name: Yellow Bike Project

Re: Found: Univega Rover Sport MTB

Postby WiggleRoom » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:24 pm

@Kickstand: So, I see now that you're trying to find the owners of the nicer abandoned bikes on this forum. Thank you! I hope the owners are appreciative. Had I known someone would be doing that in a more official way, I certainly wouldn't have touched the Univega.

But, when I talked to Lost and Found about my stolen bike they more or less told me to fuck off and that my bike would be donated to the Lyons Club in Reno if ultimately found abandoned on Playa. Given that, I couldn't really conscience leaving this well-loved-looking guy sit in a pile of abandoned junky cruisers without trying to find the owner myself. Sorry that's "not cool."
WiggleRoom

Return to Lost Bikes