its worth a shot, right?

Looking for tickets? Post about it here

its worth a shot, right?

Postby postmastersodium » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:37 am

Ya got a ticket or two you feel like gifting?

usually I don't, and most people I know don't either. Normally, I wouldn't even ask. But I'd sure love it if you did have 1-2 tickets you wanted to gift me. I only say 2 cause I got a wife, and of course she'd get the first ticket if anyone gave us anything.
why do I deserve a ticket you ask? no reason, really. I don't have a sob story. I haven't been a casualty of an art project getting less tickets. I have a family, and they are far more important to spend my money on.

But I figure, if you got a ticket, and want to give it away, that you might want to chose me. Unlike most self-entitled "miracle ticket" people, I can take care of my own shit out there, with no help from anyone. Camp gear, water, food, shade . . . yeah, I got all that shit and won't burden others. I live in a state of perpetual readiness for burning man, or any need to whisk away into the desert.

I ask because I just want to go again. I've missed 4 of the last 5 years, but continue to work to raise funds for local projects in the community. I (along with others) throw the reno decom event every year, which is a wonderful way to connect with my community, and give back to everyone who has given so much, but I'd enjoy capturing the spark of the big event again. I'm sure you all can understand that desire.

Finally, one of the biggest things, is that if I were gifted ticket(s), I would vow to pay it forward. I can't imagine how amazing it would be to be able to give someone that joy, when they can't otherwise afford it. Even if I don't get a ticket, I still want to do this for someone in the future.

Feel free to message me. Or leave snide comments below (but make them funny dammit!) =D
postmastersodium

Re: its worth a shot, right?

Postby ollieollieollie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:23 am

i think you might be in luck.

i've given up on trying to sell my two tickets, and after reading your post to my future wife (who i met at the burn last year) she thinks you're the derserving recipient of these tickets.

all i ask is that one day, maybe you could put us up on the way to / from the burn in years to come? i guess from your message that you live near the desert. we live in the UK and having both been to the burn a couple of times, we'll certainly be going back there one day. i'm sure that having a friendly face on the way to black rock city when that time comes will definitely be a benefit! it's a mission to get to the desert regardless, but when you're travelling across the world to get there, it makes it even harder. having a staging point for future trips to the burn, with a fellow burner, would be worth the $700 odd i've spent on these tickets...

this year, after lots and lots of chat, we decided we just couldn't afford the trip to the states (still getting over it financially from last year - it's expensive flying from london to come to a party in the desert!) But we made the decision too late, and now everyone who's scared of the dust is trying to sell their tickets. so in the spirit of the burn, rather than spend any more time screwing about the lost money, i thought it much more positive to gift these tickets to someone who would really appreciate them...

if you're interested still, email me at ollie.tf.stroud@gmail.com and we can chat further. my tickets are at will call and i think it's easy enough to transfer them into your name.

xx
ollieollieollie

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: HMS Excess

Postby Sham » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:36 am

ollieollieollie, you rock my friend!!! :D
Sham

Postby postmastersodium » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:20 am

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU Ollie!!!!! I e-mailed you to chat further! :mrgreen:
postmastersodium