OFFERED: 1 ticket + transport from Reno Sun. a.m. ($390)

Have extra tickets or can't use yours? Post about it here

OFFERED: 1 ticket + transport from Reno Sun. a.m. ($390)

Postby sandfly » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:28 pm

I have an extra ticket that I'll be picking up at BRC Will-Call on Sunday, August 26. I signed up to buy 2 tickets, fearing that some in my camp wouldn't get tickets. Initially, over half hadn't. So, I was delighted when I got 2 tickets through the STEP program, even though will-call seems like kind of a hassle. Meanwhile, everyone in my camp has gotten tickets. So, now I've an extra one. Pd. $390 each ... verification available to buyer.

I'm staying overnight in Reno Saturday night, August 25, then heading over to BRC. Assumed I'd be driving alone in my old SUV. Selling the ticket sounded like a hassle, because I won't have it until I get to the gate. Then I had this great (I hope) idea: If I can sell it to someone and give them a ride from Reno, it would all be good. No hassle coordinating times to meet at the gate to transfer the ticket. Less guilt about driving alone, and interesting company for what will surely be a tedious engress. Seems a perfect opportunity for me to make lemonade from a lemon situation.

This will be my 6th Burn. My camp is a small group of 20-somethings to 60-somethings, pretty mello. You could stay with us, or not. I have a bike rack to hold 2 bikes, and an extra bike. Could loan you a bike, or just bring mine and we'd add yours. I tend to overpack, but will leave enough room for you & your food/gear. And, you can pay me for the ticket when we get to the gate, so no hassles/worry.

I plan to head home from BRC around dawn on Monday, August September 3. So, of course, you'd be welcome for the return trip to Reno, etc. Or, maybe you'll have connected with your own camp and be coming back separately. Either way is OK with me.

I'll be driving to Reno from Martinez, CA, Saturday p.m. If you want, you could come along with me from the start of my adventure (going to BRC is always an adventure).
sandfly

Re: 1 ticket + transport from Reno Sun. a.m.

Postby sandfly » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Or, apparently, there's a PLAN B available, depending on your getting to know me enough to trust me, but I'm sure we can work that out. What I learned from reading some other posts here (that I'd apparently overlooked when reading about how the new system works), is that I can pick up my two tickets at the Will-Call, and then put one back in an envelope with the buyer's name, so they can pick it up.

Also it's looking like some people are getting very worried about selling their tickets, so prices are plummeting. I hope that at least some of these are scalpers who're losing their shirts. So, any reasonable offer will be considered.

Elliot wrote:Here is the Q and A on Burning Man's web page about STEP tickets. You will see that the name on the order cannot be changed, but one ticket may be left for the second person:

Q: Can I transfer tickets I buy through STEP to somebody else after I buy them?
A: No, tickets purchased through STEP are non-transferable. Both tickets will be held at Will Call under the name of the purchaser. If both parties are arriving separately, the buyer of the ticket may collect both tickets and then leave the second under the other name at the Will Call window.

:D
sandfly

Ticket now @ $240, pay later.

Postby sandfly » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Ticket now $240. Burn now, pay later!

So getting an extra ticket for my campmates worked out badly, because they all scored lower price tickets (or had already given up and made other plans). Now, I hate to just eat my extra ticket, and hate to have somebody not using it to go to Burning Man!! There's not much time left, most Burners already have their tickets.

Too many people have been ripped off by bogus sellers, though, so I assume potential buyers are wary. I would be too. I've decided it's a very small risk that somebody would go to Burning Man, having promised to pay me later, then stiff me -- a risk I can live with.

Still, I'd like some reassurance, once we have a deal, let's talk by phone. Also, you don't want to go all the way to BRC only to find out that I don't exist and there'll be no ticket waiting. I'm willing to text you Sunday morning, w/ pictures, to show that I'm in Reno, heading to BRC. The chance, then, that I'm NOT going to get your ticket ready to pick up has to fall to pretty close to zero.

I'm going in Sunday. I'll pick up my tickets at Will-Call. I'll then put one of them back in an envelope with the name of you, my buyer. When you get back to the default world, having actually been to BRC, you pay me. If you don't pay me, arcane forces have assured me that will fall into serious karma debt.

Please don't reply here if you're interested. Please email me, so I don't have to keep coming back to the site. You email me through the site, by clicking on my name "sandfly" which takes you to a page that will give you the chance to email me. That will be mo' bettah.

And, the (optional) ridealong idea still works for me, too, at this great, new, reduced price!
sandfly

Re: OFFERED: 1 ticket + transport from Reno Sun. a.m. ($390)

Postby sandfly » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:06 am

Timing & price changed, so going to re-post. Hopefully this won't get me blocked as a thread bumper.
sandfly

Return to 2012 Tickets Offered