Will a will call booth be set up somewhere we can walk to?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Will a will call booth be set up somewhere we can walk to?

Postby laffingblonde » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:29 pm

After watching the long, long line of cars waiting for will call the last two years I'm curious if anything is going to be done this year with the presumably much larger amount of will call tickets. The one thought I had was setting up a booth somewhere toward the front of the line before the people checking for stowaways. Maybe somewhere people can walk to and grab their ticket so everyone in their vehicle isn't waiting for one or two people? Just a thought. I'll be smiling the whole long wait in no matter what. Hope everything's well for everyone gearing up. < a month = :shock:
believe it or not every burner from new york doesn't reside in the chity. there's all this green space up north you may've heard about

the burn didn't blow my mind. it reinforced the way i've always lived my life
laffingblonde

Burning Since: 2010

Re: Will a will call booth be set up somewhere we can walk t

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:57 pm

No. However the number of will call tickets is a quantity known to the folks at HQ, and box office & gate are staffed up accordingly. As you approach the gates, make sure that your driver is in the proper lane (signs will be posted). Make sure passengers either have tickets in hand, or have their printouts/ID's in hand for the box office window as they come through.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Will a will call booth be set up somewhere we can walk t

Postby trilobyte » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:34 am

Got some updated info from Grover with GP&E (thanks, Grover!)

Things related to Will Call have changed some for this year.
Any and all lanes wil have easy access to Will Call

http://gate.burningman.com/faq-gate.php

What do I need to know about arriving at Burning Man?

About 1/4 mile before you reach the Gate you will come to a set of small kiosks we call the ‘Apex.’ During busy times there will be Gate staff here to direct you. There is an empty zone just after the "Apex" that will allow vehicles in any lane to turn into the Will Call lot.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion