The Open Sale is over

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

The Open Sale is over

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Hey - if you registered for the open sale on Wednesday and your afternoon has been filled with frustration and anguish as you've been banging your head on crushed servers, then gave up because it's been hours…. DON'T GIVE UP! Spinny beach ball or some other swirly thing? Hit refresh. Show that browser who's boss!

The queue is still progressing, tickets are still available for those who registered during that 12-hour window on Wednesday (well, we de-duped and scrubbed it against our list of known scammers and scalpers)!

Use this URL

Remember, limit 1 per customer. This means do not use the same credit card on multiple orders - that'll just get your purchase canceled out.

Secretly, we may have had a few more than 1000 tickets to put into that sale. Sshhh, it's a secret!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: If you registered for the Open Sale, KEEP TRYING!

Postby summerjoy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:59 pm

The link isn't working!!!! I registered two days ago with my email address but link from the main page isn't working! Do you have a better link you can provide? PLEASE! Muchas gracias from the heart. Summerjoy
summerjoy

Burning Since: 2007

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:09 pm

It was a couple minutes ago. I'm checking on it, and will post as soon as I get word that things have closed.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Use this URL, then enter the email address you used to register on Wednesday.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Cranberry » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:21 pm

trilobyte wrote:Use this URL, then enter the email address you used to register on Wednesday.

I agree - do it now!
Cranberry

Burning Since: 2006

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:26 pm

Remember, limit 1 per customer means just that. Using the same credit card on multiple orders would likely get you flagged as trying to get around the limit 1 per customer rule, and result in your order being canceled.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby TheObserver » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:51 pm

I have been trying to access the private sale page for quite awhile................

Only getting errors.......................

glad the Grateful Dead had the ticket scene figured out years ago...................

This is a BAD joke!

You guys must be sitting back, laughing at the gyrations you are putting us all thru........................WTF?

So far..........I have been ripped off for 2 $420 tickets..............registered for today's last 1000 tix sale, and have spent hours attempting, unsuccesfully to access the registered sale for the last 1000 tix...............

You guys need to get your shit together..........and stop blaming everyone else for ticket issues................

IMO
Observer
TheObserver

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Just checked, the page is loading fine. Use the URL in the first post in this thread.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Canoe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:14 pm

Make sure all javascript and cookies are enabled for this process.
*** http://www.burningman.com/preparation/ ***
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.
“Dear subscriber, you are registered as a participant in a mass disturbance.”
Canoe

Postby simoneski » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:29 pm

I just checked, and I got right on and can buy a ticket...already have tickets, just wanted everyone to know that the url in the previous post works. Good luck.
simoneski

Burning Since: 2010

Postby TheObserver » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Was it too difficult to post the correct, working link on the page you were directed to goto?
TheObserver

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:56 pm

That's not a page I have the ability to change, sorry.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby chromatest » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Keep your chin up Trilo!
-"Rip me in half, I'll make love to myself."-
chromatest

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Jail Bate Blow Job (Camp JB BJ)

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Damn straight, we'll get through this thing one way or the other!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby offarock » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:12 pm

trilobyte wrote:It was a couple minutes ago. I'm checking on it, and will post as soon as I get word that things have closed.

I'm not seeing that "things have closed" message... Am I just missing where it is?

Never mind. I found info that it was still going as of a couple hours ago. Shocking!
This signature left intentionally blank.
offarock

Camp Name: Silicon Village - Squirreltopia

Postby Schtev » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:52 pm

offarock wrote:
trilobyte wrote:It was a couple minutes ago. I'm checking on it, and will post as soon as I get word that things have closed.

I'm not seeing that "things have closed" message... Am I just missing where it is?

Never mind. I found info that it was still going as of a couple hours ago. Shocking!

I suspect a lot of that has to do with the fact that the sale button currently on tickets.burningman.com redirects to a page that doesn't exist. If there are still tickets available, why haven't the web devs fixed that by now? Its been like that since yesterday. I sense a lack of internal communication. =p

Edit: Also, today's edition of The Jack Rabbit Speaks said the sale was over:

We've just completed our final sale of 1,000 tickets to excited Burners, and we're getting closer every day.

Definitely seems like some internal communication problems between departments. At least in this instance. Or maybe just too much work and not enough people to do it.
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."
Schtev

Camp Name: Camp Fuckowee

Postby vargaso » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:16 pm

steve.t.sullivan wrote:
offarock wrote:

I suspect a lot of that has to do with the fact that the sale button currently on tickets.burningman.com redirects to a page that doesn't exist. If there are still tickets available, why haven't the web devs fixed that by now? Its been like that since yesterday. I sense a lack of internal communication. =p

Edit: Also, today's edition of The Jack Rabbit Speaks said the sale was over:

We've just completed our final sale of 1,000 tickets to excited Burners, and we're getting closer every day.

Definitely seems like some internal communication problems between departments. At least in this instance. Or maybe just too much work and not enough people to do it.

That is astounding. Trilo, was the URL you were giving out in this thread different than the one on the tickets page? How many more times can inTicketing fuck up before they're shitcanned?
vargaso

Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby trilobyte » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Up until a few moments ago, the link I had posted in this thread last night was different. As I'd mentioned to someone else, that's not a page that I have the ability to change. Fortunately, however, I was able to raise someone at home who was able to get it fixed, we're also working on getting an email out to those who registered on Wednesday but have not yet purchased tickets. We had far more registrants than we did tickets available, I'm confident that even with the increased quantity available they'll all find a home. The server issues made for slow going, and I think that at a certain point people just assumed they were gone and stopped trying.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Schtev » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:01 pm

trilobyte wrote:Up until a few moments ago, the link I had posted in this thread last night was different. As I'd mentioned to someone else, that's not a page that I have the ability to change. Fortunately, however, I was able to raise someone at home who was able to get it fixed, we're also working on getting an email out to those who registered on Wednesday but have not yet purchased tickets. We had far more registrants than we did tickets available, I'm confident that even with the increased quantity available they'll all find a home. The server issues made for slow going, and I think that at a certain point people just assumed they were gone and stopped trying.

I already have a ticket, but I just clicked the new button out of curiosity. Now its a "direct distribution" field that asks for a "private code". Does that mean people who are being contacted are receiving unique private codes, and its still first come first serve?
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear. I will let it pass through me. Where the fear has gone, there shall be nothing. Only I will remain."
Schtev

Camp Name: Camp Fuckowee

Postby trilobyte » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Dammit! It was showing the limited sale gateway when I checked the page an hour ago - I'll try to reconnect with someone who can fix that page and get that sorted again.

Continue to use the URL I posted at the top of this thread last night, that page is correct and says Limited Sale Gateway. You'll be prompted to enter the email address used on Wednesday for registration.

Remember, limit one per person. Resist the urge to use the same credit card for multiple orders, or you may find your sale being canceled a short time later.

UPDATE!

The open sale has completed, and all available tickets have been sold. Congratulations to everyone who was able to secure tickets, and thanks to all those who endured some pretty hellacious server issues on Friday afternoon.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion