Have not received tickets yet. Have you?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Have not received tickets yet. Have you?

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:41 am

Girlfriend bought x-mas pre-sale tickets from a close eplayan friend months ago. Shipping address and ownership was transferred to her name.

A couple of weeks ago, she "officially" moved in with me and put in a change of address with USPS.

Ticket mailing notification received last week. Tickets get to local post office in 2 days.. and then get forwarded right back to sender when they were out for delivery.

Now, we have missing tickets in the stream somewhere in CA. Case opened with USPS. Contacted Partiserv.. they said contact InTicketing. No response from InTicketing after 48 hours.

Trying not to panic.

*facepalm*
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby trilobyte » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:45 am

You shouldn't panic. As I'd said in our email conversation, hopefully you get a response within 24-48 hours (not definitely, and if it takes longer start freaking out). I've never experienced a Burning Man ticket order getting returned to sender, but I have had mail get returned and then had to try and chase it down so it could get resent. In my experience, it takes longer to get back. The post office has managed to take bureaucracy and heel-dragging and turn it into some kind of excruciatingly painful art form, take a few deep breaths and hang in there. As for the inticketing response, I'm not sure if it's that they're swamped with requests or that they typically wait until the order gets back to them before responding - either way, I don't think it's time to panic just yet.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby junglesmacks » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:09 am

Gotcha and I agree. Partiserv is being great and they said to hold tight until the end of the week and if still nothing, that they would get involved and/or see what they could do.

What worries me a little is that the item seems to have disappeared in the mail stream right before it got back to the final destination as per tracking.. so.. now we have a missing package on top of it.

I do have faith that it will all work out but in the meantime.. it's one less thing that I wish I didn't have to worry about!
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby wh..sh » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:11 am

Eeekkkksss! That sucks! I hope things get sorted out soon.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby Ano » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Distributed Ticketing, Northern California, E-mail confirmation at 3:49pm. Oh boy.
Ano

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: ???

Postby skyhawkecks » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Finally got my shipping notification.
skyhawkecks

Postby attemptress » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:25 pm

still no shipping notification, lottery, Canada. Canada seems to be the (un)magical part. I haven't heard of a Canadian getting a shipping notification yet. Perhaps they're all in the mail anyhow. That'd be grand :)
attemptress

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Machina » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:33 pm

attemptress wrote:still no shipping notification, lottery, Canada. Canada seems to be the (un)magical part. I haven't heard of a Canadian getting a shipping notification yet. Perhaps they're all in the mail anyhow. That'd be grand :)

It would be! Still nothing here. Naturally, I'll flip out with joy and probably post about it as soon as I get a notification. I'm feeling a bit disgruntled that we were apparently left until the end, seeing as we're a further mailing distance (minus Alaska and Hawaii), and our tickets have to go through customs (which is always fun).
Machina

Burning Since: 2010

Postby MyPlayaUserName » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Just an update on my sister's situation. USPS confirmed the package/ticket to be lost. They told her it could take months to track down. She called the hotline and already was called back and assured her original ticket would be cancelled and a new one will be there for her at will call. I'm pleased she was able to resolve this quickly.

Now just anxiously awaiting arrival of that second low income notice. I keep looking at my initial 'yes' e-mail to be sure I didn't misread it. With all the second-hand ticket negativity/drama I've absorbed this year, it's hard not to let it get me a bit paranoid.
MyPlayaUserName

Burning Since: 2007

Postby amarantha » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Machina wrote:I'm feeling a bit disgruntled that we were apparently left until the end, seeing as we're a further mailing distance (minus Alaska and Hawaii), and our tickets have to go through customs (which is always fun).

Um, I live less than two hours from InTicketing and I haven't heard anything yet either.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I totally misread your post sorry!
amarantha

Postby Bagelfather » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:56 pm

I am waiting to hear from BMORG.

My ticket was mis-scanned at the Local post office and signed for by a USPS employee, address listed is that post office for point of delivery. I found this out by talking to the post master who insisted the carrier delivered it. It was to have been sent to my office (LinkedIn) and signed for there. I know the shipping people and everything is logged for delivery, they never got it. Our physical security investigated and wrote it up so I could pass that on including the head security's contact info. I am frustrated and worried about this being sorted out. The mail could have been lost, stolen, or mis delivered. Once signed for it could go anywhere and not be tracked.

You ask about mail theft, yeah it happens. I worked with the United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) for six years back when I was at Netfix. I helped put many people away for it.

I am hoping I can get Will call tickets and the numbers so I can pass that on to a USPIS agent at some point.

This has been nerve wracking for me.
"There is no such thing as hyphenated Americanism - Theodore Roosevelt"
Bagelfather

Postby Bagelfather » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 pm

This is a long shot, but if anyone knows a Jing Ding two tickets were sent to LinkedIn HQ with no one there by that name so they were returned to sender.
"There is no such thing as hyphenated Americanism - Theodore Roosevelt"
Bagelfather

Postby MyPlayaUserName » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:58 am

Mail theft DOES happen all the time. As I stated, a big reason my sis was so worried about her ticket was that just a few days before getting her confirmation e-mail, she found her mail sitting on her front porch, instead of in the box, organized. Raccoons did not do this.

Also I was quick to roll into a ball, but truth is, my sis lives in Los Angeles, and it really wouldn't be totally unheard of for a postal worker to be familiar with Burning Man. And anyone who did work with USPS and did know would probably have access to tracking info and such and be able to determine where a package came from, even if it doesn't have BURNING MAN TICKETS INSIDE printed on the envelope.

On a pseudo-unrelated note: Burning Man was never 'supposed' to be easy. For all the people, my sis included, who's biggest concern is that they have to do some phone/foot work tracking down a ticket, and find it aggravating, seriously, roll with it. I'm finding that after talking to her so much about this so called 'ticket disaster', I want to say "I hope it is lost, and you don't go". She's totally doing the RV rental, 'I'm about to turn 40 and am dissatisfied with my life and need to go act out in the desert for a week' trip, and my good will is running low. I believe Burning Man is many different things to man different kinds of people, and that's its appeal, but I can't really humor her for much longer.
MyPlayaUserName

Postby Arnoldo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:39 am

BACON!!!
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...
Arnoldo

Postby MyPlayaUserName » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:52 am

where?WHERE?!?!?!
MyPlayaUserName

Postby Rainalala » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 am

*sigh* still no shipping e mail. from T.O Canada here. I was hoping today would be the day. Hope its tomorrow!!!

how long until i should legitimately be panicking again? :P
Rainalala

Postby BBadger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:29 am

Tickets are being sent in July. All of July. According to my watch, we're still in July. Don't panic until we've ended July.

Why do my sentences all end in "July"?
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:32 am

Does it seem to any one else that the quality of postal personnel has gone down in the past couple of decades? Of course, this is subjective, but I thought they were better when they were civel servants, instead of this wierd hybrid.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby dangerous » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:33 am

Rainalala wrote:*sigh* still no shipping e mail. from T.O Canada here.

still waiting too.......

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

Chardin
dangerous

Camp Name: Camp Retrofrolic

Postby Tanzremix » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:36 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Does it seem to any one else that the quality of postal personnel has gone down in the past couple of decades? Of course, this is subjective, but I thought they were better when they were civel servants, instead of this wierd hybrid.

Yeah it's pretty terrible. Some days here at work we'll get mail at 10am, others at 5pm, sometimes not at all, no rhyme or reason whatsoever. And god forbid you're trying to use tracking, chances are you'll have the item in hand a week before the USPS site says so.
Tanzremix

Postby BBadger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 am

Well you could pay more for something like UPS and get nice tracking, etc. but for its price, USPS is pretty decent. I prefer it whenever the option is given for delivery. I get my stuff in two days generally, and the prices are good.

As for what to make of the weird hybrid: it sucks for USPS because they get treated as a hybrid, but don't get any of the benefits of either a fully government organization or a private one. Plus, while their importance has been waning in the information age, cutting into revenues, people are very loathe reduce service quality--but are never willing to pay for that maintained service quality. Also, a sizable chunk of their recent losses have come from having to pay for retiree benefits up front. If that standard were applied to other government entities and unions you'd see HUGE losses being posted; instead we see our legislators pushing off the costs of benefits onto future generations.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

BBadger

Postby Bounce530 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:58 am

WABAM!
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby BBadger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:22 pm

The staple confirms its authenticity.

BBadger

Postby Mosquitopilate » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 pm

I GOT MY HANDS ON ONE!!!!
I just want to thank that great person I owe you!! :D :D :o :o :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P Image
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Burning Since: 2001

Postby dangerous » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Mosquitopilate wrote:I GOT MY HANDS ON ONE!!!!

congrats!

The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

Chardin
dangerous

Camp Name: Camp Retrofrolic

Postby abigailhawaii » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:14 pm

FINALLY GOT OURS!!! They arrived VERY quickly after the email, like two days from SF all the way to NH. Now, to keep them safe! AAAhhhhgh
abigailhawaii

Postby offarock » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Delivered. 2 days to Santa Clara.
This signature left intentionally blank.
offarock

Camp Name: Silicon Village - Squirreltopia

Postby Ano » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Good news - it took less than a day for my ticket to arrive after being sent my tracking number.

Bad news - I slept through the mailman arriving at 8 in the morning and now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick up my ticket. Blah!
Ano

Camp Name: ???

Postby skyhawkecks » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Ano wrote:Good news - it took less than a day for my ticket to arrive after being sent my tracking number.

Bad news - I slept through the mailman arriving at 8 in the morning and now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick up my ticket. Blah!

Bay Area I'm assuming?
skyhawkecks

Postby delle » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Good news for fellow Canukistanians: I just got a notification at 6:46pm this eve. Direct Distribution, One of two, Last name starting with M, Destination Quebec.

My panties are wildly multicoloured (and now that I think of it I hadn't worn them since the mailings started). That may be the key.

Drinking Tang may also help.
He soars not high who fears to fall
delle

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion