Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby divanahalf » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:52 pm

I am so excited that my tickets are finally here! Unlike past years when I was able to walk down to my local retailer, buy my ticket at face value, and proudly display it on my fridge from day one... this year I had to pay a bunch of extra fees for shipping and stuff... So I assumed that BMORG would have it all together when they finally mailed my golden tickets. Alas, I had to pay more money to get them from the post-office. Not sure why this is the case so just wondering if this is just a fluke or if it has happened to others too.
divanahalf
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:47 pm
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Somewhere Else

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby trilobyte » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Shipping was paid for on the sender side.
User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13759
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:32 pm

SHAME ON YOU, BMOrg!!

Damn grandmother hating, puppy kicking, Obama-care loving Muslims.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby elKay » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:59 pm

OH! This is important information, how much more cash will it require? It would stink to watch the postman walk away if I didn't know to have money available.
User avatar
elKay
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: chicagoish
Burning Since: 2011

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Jesus fucking christ.

Burning Man 2012: Seperating the wheat from the dumb as a fucking rock chaff.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5812
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Your mom's tent
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby elKay » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:45 am

Could someone please post the amount required so I can make sure to have it available.

Edited to say that this one last bit of ticketing bullshit feels like a giant fuck you. I mean BORG, you have had my 805 dollars since January, and here it is the end of June and you have not mailed my tickets. You can't spring for a stamp?
User avatar
elKay
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: chicagoish
Burning Since: 2011

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 am

divanahalf wrote: Alas, I had to pay more money to get them from the post-office. Not sure why this is the case so just wondering if this is just a fluke or if it has happened to others too.


trilobyte wrote:Shipping was paid for on the sender side.


elKay wrote:Could someone please post the amount required so I can make sure to have it available.

Edited to say that this one last bit of ticketing bullshit feels like a giant fuck you. I mean BORG, you have had my 805 dollars since January, and here it is the end of June and you have not mailed my tickets. You can't spring for a stamp?



As per Trilo's post, you shouldn't have to pay COD charges. Shipping was paid for on the sender's (i.e. BMORG) side. Something obviously went awry in the case of divanahalf. There should be no "amount required."
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
User avatar
catinthefunnyhat
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:24 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby elKay » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:45 am

Oops. Sender was turned into buyer somewhere on the way to my brain. Sorry for the confusion(mine) - carry on.
User avatar
elKay
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 pm
Location: chicagoish
Burning Since: 2011

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby Savannah » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 am

divanahalf wrote:I am so excited that my tickets are finally here! Unlike past years when I was able to walk down to my local retailer, buy my ticket at face value, and proudly display it on my fridge from day one... this year I had to pay a bunch of extra fees for shipping and stuff... So I assumed that BMORG would have it all together when they finally mailed my golden tickets. Alas, I had to pay more money to get them from the post-office. Not sure why this is the case so just wondering if this is just a fluke or if it has happened to others too.


It sounds like something is wrong at your local post office.

(You may--or may not--wish to gather any proof that you pre-paid for shipping, and file a complaint with the USPS).
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 11441
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby oneeyeddick » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:45 pm

I call bullshit.

it costs EXTRA for the shipper to even send a COD in the first place, and these tickets aren't COD.

Unless it is in Canada, and then you deserve to pay extra!!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5589
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby delle » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:52 pm

oneeyeddick wrote:Unless it is in Canada, and then you deserve to pay extra!!


Which we do. 29$ as opposed to 12$. In advance.
Worry is a misuse of imagination
User avatar
delle
 
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby Elderberry » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Interested to hear more from the OP on this.
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 13213
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Palm Springs
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Did anyone else have a COD on their tickets?

Postby gyre » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:01 am

My post office can't seem to function consistently.

I'm surprized when anything works.
User avatar
gyre
 
Posts: 15465
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm
Location: ΦάÏ


Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest