Tickets in the mail !

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Tickets in the mail !

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:00 am

jcliff wrote:If BMorg doesn't follow through on their word, I don't trust their word.

Take that to the tautology thread.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby jcliff » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:18 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
jcliff wrote:If BMorg doesn't follow through on their word, I don't trust their word.

Take that to the tautology thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jcliff

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Postby remi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 am

Still patiently waiting my email with the tracking number. Meh..It seems as theres a boat load of us still waiting, however, it seems once you get your email, your ticket usually arrives not to long after.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby offarock » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Friend got the Email yesterday.

320 level in the lottery.
This signature left intentionally blank.
offarock

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Silicon Village - Squirreltopia

Postby mshaman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Part of me celebrates that tickets have shipped.
Part of me wonders how we got here--we used to celebrate when we bought the ticket, or when we arrived at the playa, and the ticket process producing the desired outcome was a given. Now we're jumping up and down like we've received mana from heaven when a ticket falls out of it. This is a year of ambivalence for me.
The road of life is littered with flat squirrels who couldn't decide.
mshaman

Postby lemur » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:00 pm

yeah mshaman.

ive been a bit confounded by this ..

beyond all of the arguing in ticket threads about why people think it didnt work, or what to do ..solutions etc.. those make sense..

but these 'HEY I GOT MY TICKET!!' 'HEY I FINALLY GOT MY EMAIL!!' things really is of a different tone than im used to..

i mean uhh.. in the past nobody gave a shit if you got a ticket because anyone who wanted to get one.. and had money.. got one

now its like OMG BACK SLAPPIN CONGRATS! and ppls waiting on pins and needles rooting for joe shmoe to get their ticket as well..

i wonder how this will influence perceptions of our newcomers ........once they finally make it to the playa and all of the cuddly happy jumping up and down meets the reality of harsh playa conditions and having to keep yerself from getting heat stroke.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby mshaman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Lemur,
Agreed... and it looks like we're headed for a dusty one, too. It's going to be a crazy year between tickets and weather.
The road of life is littered with flat squirrels who couldn't decide.
mshaman

Postby fabigothangel » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:26 pm

No Ticket in L.A. and no confermation of shipment....
How long does it usually takes for them to ship the tickets to everybody?
I'm moving at the beginning of August and I need to get my ticket before I move :-)
Namaste
live free and thrive
fabigothangel

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Earth Guardians

Postby piehole » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:31 am

So what do I do with the Lemonhead?
Do I wait until everyone with a Lemonhead meets up and eats it together?
Are we putting LSD on these?
Do they already come with LSD?
If so, mine is totally BUNK MAN
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Burning Since: 2012

Postby lazerfox » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:01 am

I was so freaking excited about the lemonhead...I'm not much of a fan of cinnamon and the proof is in that I still have both our candies from last year in the kitchen. Yet somehow, the lemonhead has already mysteriously "disappeared."
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Postby lazerfox » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:07 am

Lemur - I had a similar tone conversation with my SO. Some people in another forum type site were whining about how people here in eplaya were snarky/misinformative folks and got their butt hurts by it. He and I talked at length how they were going to be in for a surprise when they realized the playa is not all rainbows & unicorns and not everyone is a lovey-dovey hippie waiting to give them free water/food.

I honestly had forgotten all about my confirmation email until I got home from being out of town for almost a week and the package was waiting for me. Maybe if there had been an issue with the shipping then I would have been more excited to get them but since I knew I already did it didn't take priority over my other BM planning.
But I was still excited about the lemonhead since I just love those things. :D
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister
lazerfox

Postby piehole » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:15 am

I for one, am always excited about the little things. Like shipping notifications, tickets in hand, etc, etc. That's just the kind of neurotic human being I am I guess.

WHO WANTS TO CELEBRATE TICKETS IN HAND WITH ME BY EATING COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF PEYOTE AND GOING FREE-CLIMBING!!
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:02 am

lazerfox wrote:Lemur - I had a similar tone conversation with my SO. Some people in another forum type site were whining about how people here in eplaya were snarky/misinformative folks and got their butt hurts by it. He and I talked at length how they were going to be in for a surprise when they realized the playa is not all rainbows & unicorns and not everyone is a lovey-dovey hippie waiting to give them free water/food.

Of course, I'm one of the big snarkmeisters, but I have also run around in threads after someone snarked and give good (or at least try to) advice, and even the occasional "there, there". I don't know how much mothering we should do, and I don't know how we could find some balance...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby lucky420 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:16 am

piehole, me me me! I can't do the climbing though, I would probably fall and die and then not be able to go to the playa.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby inthecolumbiagorge » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:38 am

lemur wrote:yeah mshaman.

ive been a bit confounded by this ..

beyond all of the arguing in ticket threads about why people think it didnt work, or what to do ..solutions etc.. those make sense..

but these 'HEY I GOT MY TICKET!!' 'HEY I FINALLY GOT MY EMAIL!!' things really is of a different tone than im used to..

i mean uhh.. in the past nobody gave a shit if you got a ticket because anyone who wanted to get one.. and had money.. got one

now its like OMG BACK SLAPPIN CONGRATS! and ppls waiting on pins and needles rooting for joe shmoe to get their ticket as well..

i wonder how this will influence perceptions of our newcomers ........once they finally make it to the playa and all of the cuddly happy jumping up and down meets the reality of harsh playa conditions and having to keep yerself from getting heat stroke.

Oh no! People are rejoicing about something on eplaya so all the new people checking in here and reading this thread will be unprepared on the playa!!! They are all doomed!!!!!

Because the two somehow correlate?????? The supposition here that being a douch or having to deal with the douchery on this message board prepares one for the physical conditions on the playa are just flipping ludicrous. This is the US...douchebags on every corner.....and yet some of us manage to maintain, not be a downer on every little thing and WOW...many of us find joy in actually receiving the tickets that we spent hundreds of dollars on months ago. Who would have thought!
inthecolumbiagorge

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:17 am

inthecolumbiagorge wrote: and WOW...many of us find joy in actually receiving the tickets that we spent hundreds of dollars on months ago. Who would have thought!

I've got no problem with people being excited about getting their tickets, and after the last few months completely understand that reaction. Hell, I was excited to actually hold someone elses in my hand last week and look at the artwork & how they did the holograms this year (love the work that goes into the design of BMan tickets, but I'm a geek that way)

Now, the people panicking about getting tickets that they've already been charged for are another story... :roll:
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby meganrawrbizzle » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44 pm

QUESTION!
I am about to buy a Craigslist ticket and I am a little bit sketched out. what do i look for when buying a ticket?
They said it was shipped through FedEx --- were they actually sent out with USPS?

How easy it for scalpers to make fake tickets? Should I ask for a confirmation number or what?
They said they don't have the survival guide anymore because they gave it to a friend. What do you think?
meganrawrbizzle

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dustfish

Postby trilobyte » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Making a realistic looking fake is probably incredibly hard. Fooling someone, not so much. No tickets were sent out via fedex.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby zifra » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:58 am

meganrawrbizzle wrote:QUESTION!
I am about to buy a Craigslist ticket and I am a little bit sketched out. what do i look for when buying a ticket?
They said it was shipped through FedEx --- were they actually sent out with USPS?

How easy it for scalpers to make fake tickets? Should I ask for a confirmation number or what?
They said they don't have the survival guide anymore because they gave it to a friend. What do you think?

You can call BM in San Francisco on Monday and verify the ticket number with the name of who bought it. Then check ID. But the no guide thing is a bit hinky for me! Not to mention the FedX mistake!

I you do decide to buy one off CL, Take a big friend when you go!

Z
Zifra
100'th Monkey Camp
G at 8:45
Black Rock City 2012

"Feel it, Live it, Share it!"
zifra

Postby BBadger » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:02 am

trilobyte wrote:Making a realistic looking fake is probably incredibly hard. Fooling someone, not so much. No tickets were sent out via fedex.

While they were actually shipped with USPS, the tickets did come attached to a Fedex shipping/invoice document though. So that might be a source of confusion especially if the paper is photographed while attached to the tickets.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby junglesmacks » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:05 am

BBadger wrote:
trilobyte wrote:Making a realistic looking fake is probably incredibly hard. Fooling someone, not so much. No tickets were sent out via fedex.

While they were actually shipped with USPS, the tickets did come attached to a Fedex shipping/invoice document though. So that might be a source of confusion especially if the paper is photographed while attached to the tickets.

Was FedEx Smartpost used?

FedEx origin with USPS final carry..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby MyDearFriend » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:51 am

Well, I am getting very nervous, having paid bookoo for tickets in the pre-sale and hearing nothing about them shipping, so far... :?

But, no panic here yet. Clinging to Trilo's reassuring words, every last fucking one of them. Keep them coming please sir thank you.
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever."
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby FlyingMonkey » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:20 am

Too busy building & planning to worry about getting my ticket. Although this years ticket distribution seemed AFU I am confident that it will show up sometime before 24 Aug. Now back to work.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.
FlyingMonkey

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:21 am

zifra wrote:You can call BM in San Francisco on Monday and verify the ticket number with the name of who bought it.

No, you cannot. This year they are so busy with other ticket stuff that they don't have the personnel to do very numbers.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

theCryptofishist

Postby tattoogoddess » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:42 am

Fishy I have a friend who has been trying to get tickets for his camp. He has been calling in everyone he finds. Also if you email them they will let you know.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
http://burnon.wix.com/bloodbathandbeyond
tattoogoddess

Camp Name: bloodbath and beyond

Postby BurningDaylight » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:06 pm

My tickets arrived today, by USPS, and also attached to a FedEx slip. So, I wouldn't be suspicious on that count alone.
Just up or still up?
BurningDaylight

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Abstininthe

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion