What's in a Burning Man?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

What's in a Burning Man?

Postby TomServo » Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 am

-The people? ...burners are all over the world
-The booze? ...they sell it at Safeway
-The art? ...If you can't find it..make it!
-The fire? ...been with us for a while
-The attitude? ...adopt it!
-The desert? ...there are over 30 deserts in North America alone..does it need to be a desert? How bout a BEACH!
-The dust? ...go clean out a garage
-The heat? ...wear a jacket
-The cold? ...take off your jacket

These are not exclusive to Burning Man, in any or all combinations. While I understand how it can be upsetting to not get your ticket!..and yes, I have secured one (but been in the position of not having one before). To not be able to visit the Mecca, the Mother Ship...whatever you want to call it (I still haven't forgotten Baker Beach). There are Regional Events, that are just as amazing, fun...and maybe even better than Burning Man. Take a look at the regionals like Flipside, Afrikaburn, Burning Seed, etc...or that thing on 4th of July weekend
http://regionals.burningman.com/

As much as I'd love to visit Burning Man every year, for the rest of my life. I think it's time to start promoting the OTHER burns, that have just as much to offer..if not more..than the main event. And, especially, to encourage others to start their own events! Invite me, and I'll show up!

...just my two cents..
P.S. This isn't meant to dash anyone's hopes of getting a ticket! The mad ticket exchange that always happens just before the event...has yet to happen.
anything worth doing..is worth overdoing

Vor Gebrauch Sprengkapsel einsetzen
TomServo

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: BloodBath&Beyond

Re: What's in a Burning Man?

Postby maryanimal » Sun May 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Very well said Tom!

+1
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion