Thank you for the STEP ticket

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Thank you for the STEP ticket

Postby tarawashere » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:17 am

Somewhere out there, somebody turned their extra ticket in to the STEP system and now it is mine. (was it you?)
{{{{{{{ THANK YOU}}}}}}}
When i'm hugging virgins and sucking dust at Greeters, I'll think of you;
When I'm sharing a homemade treat with a new friend i've made in deep playa, I'll think of you;
When I'm busting a nut pounding rebar into the ground to raise my camp's big tent, I'll think of you;
When it's all packed up and I'm languishing in exodus, I'll think of you.

You've helped make one unicorn very happy today

Sappy squishy dusty genuine love and gratitude

T
tarawashere

Re: Thank you for the STEP ticket

Postby jecca » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:56 am

Big Congratulations!!

Can I ask what your time stamp was?
jecca

Postby tarawashere » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:01 pm

I registered for STEP, the moment it opened, but it took me about eleven minutes of refreshing to get into the system. One of my friends registered got into the system a few minutes sooner and got a ticket last month. I think we're going to see a trickle into the STEP system right up until tickets are about to be mailed.

Stay on it, campers. We'll all get where we're going.
tarawashere

Postby ApolloPan » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:26 am

Congrats! Thanks for the message of hope- think we're all a bit curious how many folks have gotten STEP tickets already.
ApolloPan

Postby CitizenRandom » Sun May 06, 2012 11:24 am

Personally Im lost on the whole Step process. In fact the whole ticket thing has got me really confused and spooked. I love it when great shit happens for our bretheren- but I dont know like how you are suppose to know when or where to place your ticket purchasing attention. My first time application for low income
was denied despite my very lowwwwwwwww income and almost humiliatingly awkward recent decent into sub poverty has put me in a buttfucked position to just jump in at these ticket schedules that also unfortunatly pop in at the holidays and I have to really save to go.
My point is...
Ummm what do I do now? am I still a step candidate..or do I e-playa for a hopeful shot or...? I feel retarded trying to acheive my ticket these year..
Im thrilled that the process is working- its a releif to see positive feed back in these funky ass times..but I still dont understand how it works and what it means to
dipshits like me whom used to depend on saving money all year and going to the outlet and buying the bonafide somewhere around late June or mid July..
Ive been burning for 12 years- 11 consecutive and my first on the beach... I feel like I should kinda know to burn accordingly by now..right?
It seems every attempt to radically self include myself is met with a fail...
fail is against my religeon..
I just want to quit whinning and get on with the burning..the 10 principles..The cool responsibilitys and challanges..making my bones doing meaningful stuff.
Is there a Step For Dummies?
yours in the flame
CitizenRandom

Postby Eric » Sun May 06, 2012 4:35 pm

CitizenRandom- if you are not in STEP already, you can't get into it, it is closed. Only 2,000ish people were able to get in, and all of them had to have been entered in the original Main Lottery.

The only option other than STEP is to watch the secondary market. Physical tickets won't be released until mid-June, as peoples plans change those should be popping up. Just be aware that the demand to go to Burning Man far outstrips the number of people allowed to attend by the BLM, there will be a lot of people looking. It will take patience and luck, but people are getting them.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scammers and Scalpers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby trilobyte » Tue May 08, 2012 1:53 am

If you're really in such dire straits, you may want to consider taking the year off. Make a note in your calendar to check the site in the fall for info on next year's event (or hey, you could subscribe to that Jack Rabbit Speaks newsletter that will send out the info when it's announced), then your radically self reliant self will be armed with all the info you need to be on top of the program next time. And hopefully you'll be in much better shape financially.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby randomgirl7 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Congrats! :)

Extra congrats if you are the Tara I know from Uli Baba's ! :D
randomgirl7

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion